UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 58 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score

Just got back home from a vacation trip to Cape Cod. Nice to see UConn landing a well regarded recruit while we were away. PerfectGame.org has Tommy Turner at No. 330 in their rankings for the high school Class of 2023. Always good to see UConn getting the occasional player from Rhode Island. PerfectGane.org has this write up on Turner:

Tommy Turner is a 2023 RHP/OF with a 6-0 180 lb. frame from Coventry, RI who attends Coventry. Medium, athletic frame with narrow shoulders and a lean build, has room to fill throughout moving forward. Ran a 6.95 60-yard dash. Right-handed pitcher, side step moving into delivery, leg lift up past belt with a slight cave in on backside in gather. Fuller arm action through the backside with quickness to it working up to a three-quarters release point, short stride coming down the mound. Works on top of the fastball well, topped out at 90 mph with short running life down in the zone, occasionally gets under the ball at release, flashes hard life arm side out of stretch at times. Developed feel for curveball and last one of day was best at 72 mph, 11-5 shape and finish through the pitch to create depth through the zone. Straight changeup up to 78 mph, tends to slow arm on release of secondary offerings. Right-handed hitter, begins with a wide base, arm bar at start of swing. Stays short to the ball, works on a linear plane and shows comfort working to the middle of the field. Incorporates lower half and remains balanced throughout, finding the barrel routinely. Very good student.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
How does one get the staff to take a look at someone? My nephew is ranked #2 in New England by PBR, and would love to go to UConn or BCU (unfortunately). He's a 6'2", 180 lb freshman at Brookfield with a 91+ exit velo, 87mph inf velo (SS) and sits at about 85mph on the hill. We expect him to end up around 6'4"-6'5" in a couple years.

Reaction Score
How does one get the staff to take a look at someone? My nephew is ranked #2 in New England by PBR, and would love to go to UConn or BCU (unfortunately). He's a 6'2", 180 lb freshman at Brookfield with a 91+ exit velo, 87mph inf velo (SS) and sits at about 85mph on the hill. We expect him to end up around 6'4"-6'5" in a couple years.

Coach Hart be willing to send a quick email to Coach Penders/Coach MacDonald?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

You could use a recruiting service like sports force.

There are some decent ones out there.

I just know the guy who founded SF so I know they’re legit.

Reaction Score

As someone who tried to get coaches to recruit me in high school, it can be challenging at times but using Medics advice and having your nephew’s coach reach out to one of the UConn coaches would be best. Because he’s only a freshman, there’s only so much contact the coaches and athlete can have but would love to have him in Storrs

Reaction Score
Just got back home from a vacation trip to Cape Cod. Nice to see UConn landing a well regarded recruit while we were away. PerfectGame.org has Tommy Turner at No. 330 in their rankings for the high school Class of 2023. Always good to see UConn getting the occasional player from Rhode Island. PerfectGane.org has this write up on Turner:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom