UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 54 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Oh wow, I remember this kid from the Maine-Endwell little league World Series championship team in 2016(?). Believe he drove in the game winning run for them against South Korea.
I was even thinking his name sounded familiar, just couldn’t place where.

Reaction Score
Good read by Jacobs:

-> The College Coach: ‘Biggest Frank Mozzicato fans’

Long before the army of scouts descended, before his name came roaring through the spring, Mozzicato committed to UConn in 2019.

“I was surprised the scouting community hadn’t picked up on what he was doing by last year,” Jim Penders said. “The rubber arm, the breaking ball, he could spin it as a ninth-grader, it was stupid how well he threw it.

“We’d love to have the opportunity to win with Frank, but it’s going to be very difficult to say no if he’s taken anywhere near where he’s projected. Unbelievable parents. Grounded. Respectful of everyone. Deflects credit. Well-rounded. If any kid can handle this at 18, it’s Frank.”

The bonus money slotted for the Padres at 27th, for instance, is $2.57 million. Who passes that up?

“Since I was in high school, I counted Carl Pavano, Brook Fordyce, Rico Brogna, Sal Romano and Charlie Morton as the only Connecticut players drafted out of high school to make the big-leagues,” Penders, 49, said. “It’s extremely difficult, but I’d never bet against Frank. Whatever happens, we’re going to be the biggest Frank Mozzicato fans.”

Penders said Frank likes to kid how Hank used to be a squirt, but now it hurts when he tackles him in a dogpile.

“There’s always been something loose, smiling, charismatic about him,” Penders said. “One time at a East Catholic basketball game, during warm-ups, he came over and hugged my mom. She’s like, ‘I love that Frankie Mozzicato.’ Everybody loves Frankie.” <-

(Hearst has closed the Outline access door.)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Was hoping he would be picked by an east coast team to be able to see and watch his progress and development in person. Will be rooting like hell for the kid. Seventh pick….WOW!!!

Reaction Score
Seem to have found another player transferring to UConn:

Ben Huber is a 1B/LHP, and he has played 3 seasons for Limestone College in South Carolina. Hit over .400 with power this past season. The Great Lakes Summer Collegiate League also lists Huber as an all star this summer, and on that page, also has his school as UConn. He is hitting .380 in 100 at bats, and also has a 2.79 ERA in 9.2 innings, with 14 strikeouts and 9 walks for the Richmond (Indiana) Jazz.

Reaction Score
Casey Dana just joined Ocean State, he played his first games for them the last couple of days. He has had a couple of very good seasons at the bat for Seton Hall. His defense does not appear to be his strong point.

UConn is obviously working the transfer market, particularly the Grad transfers, pretty hard for the coming season. Casey Dana is the sixth transfer to UConn from another college program (including JUCO's and non Division 1) for the coming season that has been reported in these threads.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom