UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 56 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
Lets hope he doesn't get TOO GOOD TOO SOON b/c we'll end up with another Frankie situation.
Hopefully, he actually makes it to Storrs.

Are you kidding? It may sound a little weird, but I want more Frankie situations for UConn baseball. I want my recruits to get better, and it is also a sign that UConn baseball recruiting is heading in the right direction. Getting involved with kids who have a chance to go pro is a good thing for the school, not a bad thing. I figure that some of them are going to make the choice to go to college instead, especially with MLB cutting back on the minor leagues.

This is the way it goes in college baseball, if you follow this sport, it is something we all need need to get used to it. The real good teams with solid aspirations of winding up in Omaha in June are always going to have these "problems". It is sort of a badge of honor, and in the end makes for some good publicity for the team. The not so good teams don't have these problems. I know which group I prefer to be in. I'm also not going to put myself in the situation of hoping UConn baseball recruits don't get better, it is just bad optics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Are you kidding? It may sound a little weird, but I want more Frankie situations for UConn baseball. I want my recruits to get better, and it is also a sign that UConn baseball recruiting is heading in the right direction. Getting involved with kids who have a chance to go pro is a good thing for the school, not a bad thing. I figure that some of them are going to make the choice to go to college instead, especially with MLB cutting back on the minor leagues.

This is the way it goes in college baseball, if you follow this sport, it is something we all need need to get used to it. The real good teams with solid aspirations of winding up in Omaha in June are always going to have these "problems". It is sort of a badge of honor, and in the end makes for some good publicity for the team. The not so good teams don't have these problems. I know which group I prefer to be in. I'm also not going to put myself in the situation of hoping UConn baseball recruits don't get better, it is just bad optics.
Of course, we want these kids to go pro. It’s satire, Frankie is great kid and I’m so happy for him. Hope to be as happy for Gaby and all the players that may have a shot.

Reaction Score

Of course I want all UCONN players to do as well as possible BUT I actually would like them to make it to STORRS.
I want the list of UCONN MLB alumns to be a long as possible.
Tirado looks Ridiculously good. I hope he blows up at the start of his FRESHMAN season at UCONN. :)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Lets hope he doesn't get TOO GOOD TOO SOON b/c we'll end up with another Frankie situation.
Hopefully, he actually makes it to Storrs.
Gracious
I really hope you are making this statement either as satire, a fit of rage or inebriation.
If not, I am dumbfounded and you surely aren't a parent of an athlete

Reaction Score
My God. He didn't say he didn't care if the young man got run over by a truck. He just said he'd prefer for the young man to go from high school to UConn. Why is everyone wound so tight? What he said is no different than wishing Bouknight came back for a third season.

If any of you are more worried about the pro future of actual or potential UConn athletes than what they accomplish when and if they are at UConn, bully for you. May you score extra points for unselfishness at the pearly gates. But that doesn't make the opposite position assinine.

Reaction Score

The decision has been made! Hurts to not have him on the team but respect his decision to go pro. Hopefully he does well!

Reaction Score
Thomas Galusha (2023/RHP) 6’4, 230

Attended Holy Cross HS in Waterbury the last three years. Transferring to The Salisbury School, reclassifying to a 2023. Fastball has been touching 91mph this summer. Plays for the same summer team (Grind Baseball) as 2022 UConn commit Ryan Daniels.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Jude Abbadessa recently moved into a top 500 (which really means 500-999) ranking for the high school class of 2022 on Perfectgame.org. Previously, they had him as a top 1,000 for that class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Another class of 23 pickup comes in the form of 5-10 155 RHP Giovanni Conte from Colonie, NY. He’s touched 88 at a Perfect Game event back in July. Having that velocity as a now junior in high school is pretty good. Conte’s commitment brings us to 6 in the class of 2023

Reaction Score
Another class of 23 pickup comes in the form of 5-10 155 RHP Giovanni Conte from Colonie, NY. He’s touched 88 at a Perfect Game event back in July. Having that velocity as a now junior in high school is pretty good. Conte’s commitment brings us to 6 in the class of 2023
Cool analysis here:

Reaction Score
Good to see UConn baseball recruiting commitments picking up of late from the high school class of 2023. Summer and into the early fall tend to be pretty much prime time for getting college baseball commitments, so I would think there could be several more commitments in the UConn baseball recruiting pipeline in the weeks to come. As always, we'll see. Considering the number of players UConn already has coming in from the Class of 2021 and 2022, I would think the primary focus now would be the Class of 2023, with maybe possible occasional peeps from 2024 (still a little early for UConn to be getting commitments from the 2024 Class if you take the past as a guide).

Last edited:
Reaction Score

my UNIVERSITY ... MY HIGH SCHOOL - Colonie Central High School. And Italian - we had lots of Italian girl friends from the "village". This one makes me proud ... and he will fill out. WE sent football players to UCONN in the late 1970s; led by Yankee Conference First Team (and briefly Dallas Cowboy) Mark Flood - a OG. Plus track. I think we are at the point that anyone who shines at these ages think UCONN baseball.

Reaction Score
PerfectGame.org had Gabriel Tirado in the low 200's in their Class of 2023 rankings. They now have Tirado at 117. Quite a jump.

Reaction Score
PerfectGame.org had Gabriel Tirado in the low 200's in their Class of 2023 rankings. They now have Tirado at 117. Quite a jump.

Oops!!! Make that the high school Class of 2024 rankings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom