UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball Recruiting and Commitment Thread

Reaction Score
I go to school with Kezlin Douglas. He goes to South Windsor High School. I'm not sure if he is a junior or senior. He's a really good player and he won the Louisville slugger award at the suny purchase camp/combine. Does anyone know if he is being recruited by UConn?

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Kezlin Douglas

ESPN has us listed as one of 5 schools of interest but no details are included.

Reaction Score
The #20 from ansonia is Corey DzienkiewicZ he's a 6'2 232 lb soph. He also plays on the football team for ansonia.

mets1090

Reaction Score
The #20 from ansonia is Corey DzienkiewicZhe's a 6'2 232 lb soph. He also plays on the football team for ansonia.
Wow that's a big guy. What position does he play for baseball?

Reaction Score
Emmanuel Cruz Jr SS from Wilby should be one to keep an eye on. MLB Scouts have invited him to workouts already.

Reaction Score
The #20 from ansonia is Corey DzienkiewicZ he's a 6'2 232 lb soph. He also plays on the football team for ansonia.

His brother Christian (Pitcher) just finished his freshman year @ UConn Avery Point.

Reaction Score
Emmanuel Cruz Jr SS from Wilby should be one to keep an eye on. MLB Scouts have invited him to workouts already.

Does anyone know exactly what they mean by inviting a player to a workout? I know people who have done the Blue-Grey game, Area Code tryouts and MLB scout teams but I don't think I know anyone who have done workouts...

Reaction Score
Here's one recruit who is definately UConn bound for 2013. His name is Griffin Garabedean presently a jr OF from ND West Haven. In today's NH Register he was listed as 1 of 5 players to watch.
Apparently, in last years championship game, as a soph, he laid down the game winning suicide squeeze bunt to plate the winning run for the state championship.
That is a gutsy move for a soph in such a cruical situation. Also, that tells me a lot about the coach's confidence in such a young player to put him in that situation.
We have a full infield, plus a catcher, and 5 pitchers coming in this year. Next year, to my knowledge, we have Malone from Masuk, and Garabedean coming in as needed outfielders. Hopefully, the rumor of Amity's Nepiarsky coming to UConn is also true.

Reaction Score
Was @ Amity/Xavier Game today... Vin Siena w/ walk-off 2 run HR bottom of 7th. Amity wins 4-3. I think he went 4 for 4 (could have been 3-4, one single may have been scored an error). Effortless fielder - very smooth. Real deal.

Reaction Score
Not bad for Vinny. In yesterday's 1st round he hit a double, triple and HR.

mets1090

Reaction Score
I've never seen any of our recruits play and don't know anything about them besides what's been posted here. Which of these commits have a real chance of starting next year?

Reaction Score
Siena can make an impact with his bat but he really needs to work on cleaning up his fielding as he goes through periods where he is good for at least an error a game. Daniello I have heard was coming as a pitcher and then someone else told me he's coming as a position player so Im not sure where he will be at. I believe he has a higher ceiling as a pitcher from the limited times I have seen him but a redshirt might be in his best interest. Niego, Colletti & Dariano I was told by someone who has played with and against all of them, and says they are all impact players the moment they get on campus.

So in other words as I have said since the summer, Siena is getting too much $$ not to start as a FR and I think that his best position for the future wil be 2nd but we will have to see if that opens up for him. From what I have been told Niego, Colletti & Dariano will definitely make an impact but it may not be starting since most FR pitchers dont start and if they do its not until late in the season. Either way they all have very live arms and will play from day one and make a difference. Daniello on the other hand I really wonder about... He has very very fast hands in the infield (which I like) but Im not sure if he will be able to handle the step up in level of play right away as I have seen him play a few times and he really didn't stand out to me at the plate or on the mound. If any of our commits are going to struggle I have a feeling it will be him. Just my 2 cents

Reaction Score
It's really hard to predict who will impact from the incoming frosh. Unlike hoops & FB, HS baseball gives out little info.
Most likely Mazilli will get drafted and sign. We will definately need a 2B man. Sienna easily fills that bill. We also need a 1b. We have a kid from NJ redshirting. And Bob Melley, from BC high in Boston is a catcher that is projected as a 1b in college. Supposedly, he is the top position player in the Boston area and BC high is nationally ranked.
We also need a 3b. O'neil from E. Longmeadow MA is considered one, if not the, top players in MA. He is a ss in high school. He could move over to 3rd and compete with Testani.
Both Coletti & McDowell are top 500 players. McDowell & Debellis will compete for the catching position. Most likely both will rotate here.
I've heard great things from Coletti, Niegi, & Dariano. Also Willie Nastasi from Barnstable MA has done very well. Finally Jed Robinson, from MA, did a PG year at Avon old Farms. They won the NE prep championship and Robinson pitched very well. I have no idea how that will translate to college pitching. But, George Springer graduated from AOF too, FWIW.

Reaction Score
Sounds like a good pick up. He's only 5'10" or 5'11". But with 3 no hitters in his jr season and over 300 k's, so far, it's worth the investment. We were his only D-1 offer so far.
We have 2 OF's and this pitcher, to my knowledge, coming in for 2013. Anybody know of others that have signed on.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Great pick-up. His numbers remind me of that USCe pitcher (Roth). Like the K/BB ratio too! That's definitely something that will translate to the college game.

Reaction Score
Just saw a tweet from perfectgame that we got 4 commits... You have to subscribe to see the article so Im not sure who the players are but I thought that it was some big news. Even though it could be commits we have known about but are just late to the party on.

Reaction Score
After doing a little digging, it looks like one of the players is Ryan Sullivan plays for the Evoshield Canes AAU team, is from MA and plays 3B. He is listed currently as the #216 player in the country, #1 in MA and #15 at his position.

Reaction Score
After doing a little digging, it looks like one of the players is Ryan Sullivan plays for the Evoshield Canes AAU team, is from MA and plays 3B. He is listed currently as the #216 player in the country, #1 in MA and #15 at his position.

Nice.

Reaction Score
what about the pitcher from Amity?
Someone mentioned that pitcher from Amity, in this thread a few months ago. That's the only place where this kid has been mentioned with UConn. We'll just have to wait and see if it's official.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom