UConn baseball players transferring out of program | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn baseball players transferring out of program

Reaction Score
@uconnbaseball loved Nucerino, and I thought his ability to get on base plus his other skills were intriguing and certainly a help to the team. Still, he was a reserve outfielder on this team, and I doubt he was getting much if any scholarship money. Nucerino was a redshirt junior this past season, so next year would have been his fifth at UConn. For some people, four years of college is plenty, and having to pay for a fifth year is more than enough.
Nucerino was a bit of a surprise but he does have a mechanical engineering degree now so it may be time for him to move on to start his career.

Reaction Score
I think we are jumping the gun here. Just because Seniors are listed as graduating doesn't mean they aren't coming back for a 5th year working toward a masters degree or certification. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
Basically a continuation on the previous report on the Winkel brothers:

Reaction Score
Cole Brodnansky just showed up on this list as a Grad Transfer. Coach Penders had reported in a recent interview that Brodnansky was not returning to UConn. Like David Langer, perhaps he will end up playing for a California school. So the complete list for now is the following:

C Cole Brodnansky (Grad)
RHP Leif Bigelow
INF Tyler Griggs
C Paul Gozzo (Grad)
INF David Langer (Grad)
LHP Max Nielsen
RHP Tim Pfaffenbichler

The D1Baseball.com transfer tracker shows Cole Brodnansky is indeed winding up at a California school, Sonoma State, a Division II school.

Reaction Score
According to the D1Baseball.com Transfer Tracker, Leif Bigelow's new school is Maine. I recall that a number of years ago (before I really got into UConn baseball) Maine had a very solid northeast baseball program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
According to the D1Baseball.com Transfer Tracker, Leif Bigelow's new school is Maine. I recall that a number of years ago (before I really got into UConn baseball) Maine had a very solid northeast baseball program.

I remember Maine being good as well in the 80s. I googled and found they were in 6 college world series under John Winkin. Once the NCAA changed the way teams were seeded they did not get to another series. Tough place to recruit one would think.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I remember Maine being good as well in the 80s. I googled and found they were in 6 college world series under John Winkin. Once the NCAA changed the way teams were seeded they did not get to another series. Tough place to recruit one would think.
Maine was the school in New England in the 80's. Billy Swift had a long MLB career and was dominant for the Black Bears.

Reaction Score
Quick update:

C Cole Brodnansky (Grad) > Sonoma State (Calif.)
RHP Leif Bigelow > Maine
INF Tyler Griggs > Central Arizona CC
C Paul Gozzo (Grad)
INF David Langer (Grad)
LHP Max Nielsen
RHP Tim Pfaffenbichler

LHP Mason Kolean > Bowling Green > UConn
C Ciara Devenney (Grad) > UMass-Lowell > UConn

Also, Max Nielsen has transferred to St. Anselm as previously reported in this thread, but the D1baseball.com Transfer Tracker hasn't caught up to that one yet.

Reaction Score
Duly noted > updated:

C Cole Brodnansky (Grad) > Sonoma State (Calif.)
RHP Leif Bigelow > Maine
INF Tyler Griggs > Central Arizona CC
LHP Max Nielsen > St Anselm's
RHP Tim Pfaffenbichler
C Paul Gozzo (Grad)
INF David Langer (Grad)

LHP Mason Kolean > Bowling Green > UConn
C Ciara Devenney (Grad) > UMass-Lowell > UConn
I believe Max changed his mind and is joining Adam Schwartz at UMBC.

Attachments

• D84A37C2-6F84-437D-919C-04F39F036A3F.jpeg
    D84A37C2-6F84-437D-919C-04F39F036A3F.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 401
Reaction Score
Appears so... I was working off the D1 transfer portal.

Oops, missed that. No wonder D1Baseball.com never caught up with St. Anselm. And Max Nielsen stays in Division 1 baseball. The UMBC Retrievers now have two former Huskies on their baseball team. It's a dog's world, that's for sure.

According to AxcessBaseball.com, Nielsen had Tommy John surgery last month and is likely to miss the 2021 season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Ok, does anyone know what school Paul Gozzo is moving on to? The next question is, will he be playing college baseball at this school. I would think a catcher with his talent would be able to find a place to play.

Reaction Score
His cousin pitched there a couple years back so besides being local and a solid d3 school there was a familiarity with the program.

Reaction Score
Rumor is that Gozzo Is going to San Diego University to play and Langer is Definitely staying at UConn and playing as a grad student.

Reaction Score
Rumor is that Gozzo Is going to San Diego University to play and Langer is Definitely staying at UConn and playing as a grad student.
San Diego State University(Aztecs)? University of San Diego(Torros)? University of California San Diego(Tritons)? There is not a San Diego University that I know of??? I’ve heard that he was going to UCSD but no confirmation on that. But maybe it’s University of San Diego???

Reaction Score
Both the University of San Diego and UCSD have 2021 baseball rosters posted on their websites. Neither list Paul Gozzo, at least not yet. College baseball rosters can be rather fluid, especially in the fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanDawg

Top Bottom