UConn Baseball/Basketball Alum Tom Penders to be inducted into National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame | The Boneyard

UConn Baseball/Basketball Alum Tom Penders to be inducted into National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame

Reaction Score

>>Tom Penders, who played on some of the finest UConn basketball teams of the 1960s before going on to a long and successful college coaching career, has been named to the National Collegiate Basketball Hall of Fame induction class of 2020.

Penders, who will be inducted in as a coach, becomes the first UConn graduate to earn induction to the Collegiate Hall of Fame. UConn coach Jim Calhoun was inducted as part of the initial Class of 2006.<<

Oh, Coach Jim Penders’ Uncle as well ;)

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'The following year, he was named the New York Daily News Coach of the Year after leading Bridgeport to a 20–1 mark and Number one ranking.'
Tom Penders - Wikipedia
aboot time. the man's resume speaks loudly.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Loved how his teams played hard and were fun. He never backed down. Good for him.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
His Houston basketball teams played the way their baseball team does. Fast and aggressive.

Great coach.

Reaction Score
His Houston basketball teams played the way their baseball team does. Fast and aggressive.

Great coach.

The funny thing is, back when Dom Perno got fired from the UConn head coaching job, I recall that Tom Penders was my choice for who I wanted to get the job. Obviously, Jim Calhoun worked out pretty well. Still, perhaps that was a sort of an odd foreshadowing for me becoming such a fan of the Coach Penders led UConn baseball team. It's all in the family when it comes to UConn sports.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom