Men - UConn Baseball 2023 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2023

Reaction Score

Excellent! Figured UConn baseball preseason was due to start any day now, just so happens this year that it is coinciding with the return of students for the spring semester. 35 days or 5 weeks until UConn baseball opening day against Ohio State down in Florida.

Reaction Score

UConn baseball preseason is starting up according to this tweet. Looking forward to various tweets, interviews, and news bits about the team, especially about player development, that should be starting up prior to the start of the upcoming season

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that UConn (with the Hook C) goes into action with a 3 game series against The Ohio State University in Fla one month from tomorrow!

After this past weekend at Toscano and the XL Center, I am looking forward to it!

Reaction Score
It occurred to me that UConn (with the Hook C) goes into action with a 3 game series against The Ohio State University in Fla one month from tomorrow!

After this past weekend at Toscano and the XL Center, I am looking forward to it!

It's a 4 game series against Ohio State to start the season.

Reaction Score

It's a 4 game series against Ohio State to start the season.

It's interesting, 3 of the first 5 weekends of the season will have UConn playing in 4 game series instead of the normal 3 game series. This is no doubt partly due to UConn playing a weekend series at Hawaii during the spring break trip. The games in Hawaii do not count towards the normal 56 game college baseball regular season, no doubt to encourage out of conference road trips to play in Hawaii. Consequently, UConn currently has a 58 game regular season schedule instead of the normal 56.

Reaction Score

With all those balls at the ballpark, one would think it would be a nice winter day for an outside practice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

From this article, there is a bit on UConn baseball:

<UCONN

Connecticut

The Huskies made plenty of headlines during the postseason last year by winning the College Park Regional and almost advancing to the College World Series. Jim Penders’ club fell just short to Stanford after winning the first game of the Super Regional. Austin Peterson and Pat Gallagher are gone, but Ian Cooke is suited to take on a much more important role and the transfer duo of Andrew Sears and Stephen Quigley had strong falls. Sears is interesting with his fastball up to 93-94 mph from the left side. Offensively, there’s plenty of experience in this lineup, and it all starts with David Smith and Ben Huber. Both are dynamic hitters, with Smith having that ultra-athletic element as part of his game. Meanwhile, Huber hit .327 last season with 11 home runs and 67 RBIs. Do not be surprised when the Huskies make a Regional and advance to yet another Super Regional.>

Reaction Score
Jones previews with Mac and Hourigan can’t be too far off!!

Last year the Chris Jones interviews popped up a few days before the first game of the season. Definitely look forward to the above referenced interviews as they do offer some very good info on the team, and on how certain players are developing.

Also hoping other interviews from other sources with the coaching staff show up in the next few weeks before the start of the season

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom