Men - UConn Baseball 2023 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2023

Reaction Score
I was with a father of an incoming UConn freshman baseball player this weekend. He mentioned that he was told that the team will play in Hawaii this spring instead of California. I was surprised and have not heard even a rumor about this. Just wanted to pass it along and wondering if anyone has any info.
Happy July 4th.

Go Huskies!!!!

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I was with a father of an incoming UConn freshman baseball player this weekend. He mentioned that he was told that the team will play in Hawaii this spring instead of California. I was surprised and have not heard even a rumor about this. Just wanted to pass it along and wondering if anyone has any info.
Happy July 4th.

Go Huskies!!!!

Wasn't sure how public this was and didn't want to get anyone in trouble in case, but yeah I heard Hawaii from a very good source.

Reaction Score
Wasn't sure how public this was and didn't want to get anyone in trouble in case, but yeah I heard Hawaii from a very good source.
By chance do you have any idea on who the opponents are? Maybe some kind of tournament?

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
By chance do you have any idea on who the opponents are? Maybe some kind of tournament?

I didn't get details on who/when, just overheard a conversation. I was assuming just a series at UH Manoa as part of a larger west coast swing, but I suppose a tournament would make sense.

Reaction Score
Not a tournament. 4 exemption games against Hawaii during the spring break swing. Allows for an up to 60 game schedule.
Thx. That makes sense. Actually Hawaii is not a bad team. Overall record last year, was 28-24. They finished 3rd in Big West conference with a 19-11 record. Their RPI was 114. Definitely a nice road trip for team

Reaction Score
Rutgers played in Hawaii this year. It was just a 4 game series played over 3 days. Prior to the Rutgers games Hawaii played a similar 4 game series against Vanderbilt. Rutgers tacked on a 3 game series with Nebraska Omaha on the way back to NJ. Lots of flexibility to schedule games either before or after a trip to Hawaii in California or basically anywhere between Storrs and Hawaii.

Reaction Score

This article doesn't offer anything really new, but it does provide a basic summary of probable returning players. Also, it doesn't really talk about the mass of UConn players in the transfer portal, other that Kevin Ferrer is hoping to be back with the team.

Reaction Score
I believe the fall semester at UConn starts next week. Is this the UConn baseball version of Abbey Road?

Reaction Score
I was with a father of an incoming UConn freshman baseball player this weekend. He mentioned that he was told that the team will play in Hawaii this spring instead of California.

Started off as a football request for a H & H and UConn Baseball took advantage of it.

Reaction Score

UConn baseball publicizes these true walk on tryouts every year in September. Every once in a while someone emerges from these tryouts to actually make the team and make a little positive noise. From what I recall, Troy Stefanski and Jimmy Wang both fit into this catagory, and there very well could be others. Wang had a noteworthy freshman season with UConn getting plenty of weekend starts, and Stefanski emerged over his career at UConn as very solid starting outfielder.

Reaction Score
The 2022 baseball fall ball roster has been posted on the UConn Athletics website:

Players who were listed in the Transfer Portal who are back at UConn:

Chris Brown
Mitchell Pascarella
Zach Stephenson

Players who had not used up their eligibility and were not listed in the Transfer Portal, but are not on the fall ball roster:

Leo Socci
Joe Wozny

Incoming Freshmen:

Levi McAllister - C
Noah Sorensen - SS
Maddix Dalena - 1B/3B
Ryan Daniels - Inf
Niko Brini - OF
Drew Kron - OF
Ryan Juliano - Inf

Gavin Greger - LHP/OF
Kolby Pascarelli - LHP/OF