Men - UConn Baseball 2022 | The Boneyard

Men UConn Baseball 2022

Reaction Score
All very speculative of course... but that's the fun of it!

Broadly...
  • Will we be any good, or will it realistically be a "rebuilding" year?
  • Who will be back?
  • Who might be back?
  • Who will get their first shot at consistent playing time? (e.g. Padilla?)
  • Highest-impact newcomers? @dbmill @huskymedic
More specifically...
  • Team strengths vs. team weaknesses (i.e. hitting, pitting, fielding)
  • Player(s) with the greatest upside?
  • Biggest question marks (re: player? re: position?)
  • "Dark-horse" candidate(s)?
  • etc.

Reaction Score
Most of that thread is about looking backwards. I think this is an attempt to look forward.

Sure but the first piece is determining who’s leaving and who’s staying and incoming recruits and to me that’s part of closing out 2021 which was what we were discussing in the last few posts there. Just pointing a new poster in the direction of an active discussion. No more - no less.

Reaction Score
I did my duty on giving Tuesday, but does anyone know how one becomes a member of dugout club? I have been supporting the team for several years thought it was about time to ensure I support team and staff.

Reaction Score
I did my duty on giving Tuesday, but does anyone know how one becomes a member of dugout club? I have been supporting the team for several years thought it was about time to ensure I support team and staff.

My wife and I have been donating to UConn athletics for about 25 years now, give or take a year. UConn Athletics sends us a form every year. The trick to becoming a member of the Dugout Club (which basically gets you on a Chris Jones email list) is that on this form you designate a portion of your yearly donation to UConn Athletics to the baseball program. In our case we have been designating money to the Baseball Stadium Enhancement Fund for a number of years now (the Soccer Stadium Enhancement Fund has also seen a good chunk of our donation over the years). I suggest calling the UConn Ticket office phone number, and they will either send you the form or provide you with a link to it.

Reaction Score
Should be accessible unless you visit daily:

-> The Huskies will still be a force under the direction of Penders, who is entering his 19th season at the helm with the longest tenured staff in all of Division I baseball. They develop talent, no matter who shows up on campus. Just for example, Pat Winkel, a ninth-round selection in this past draft, was the third straight catcher from UConn who was selected in the draft. This does not even include the slew of MLBers the Huskies have produced, ranging from Gold Glover Nick Ahmed to World Series MVP George Springer. <-

Reaction Score
Should be accessible unless you visit daily:

-> The Huskies will still be a force under the direction of Penders, who is entering his 19th season at the helm with the longest tenured staff in all of Division I baseball. They develop talent, no matter who shows up on campus. Just for example, Pat Winkel, a ninth-round selection in this past draft, was the third straight catcher from UConn who was selected in the draft. This does not even include the slew of MLBers the Huskies have produced, ranging from Gold Glover Nick Ahmed to World Series MVP George Springer. <-

I've been waiting for their fall ball profile of UConn, about time it showed up.

Pitchers mentioned as possible Sunday starters in place of the injured Reggie Crawford are Cole Chudoba, Enzo Stefanoni, and Ian Cooke.

Reaction Score
My wife and I have been donating to UConn athletics for about 25 years now, give or take a year. UConn Athletics sends us a form every year. The trick to becoming a member of the Dugout Club (which basically gets you on a Chris Jones email list) is that on this form you designate a portion of your yearly donation to UConn Athletics to the baseball program. In our case we have been designating money to the Baseball Stadium Enhancement Fund for a number of years now (the Soccer Stadium Enhancement Fund has also seen a good chunk of our donation over the years). I suggest calling the UConn Ticket office phone number, and they will either send you the form or provide you with a link to it.
To become a member of the Dugout Club, visit General, find the team links tab and click on the Dugout Club Donation Form

I just joined the club this past fall. I found this sentence in the 2021 Media Guide. I tried to find the form but I don't see it. Easier to call, I guess.

Reaction Score
To become a member of the Dugout Club, visit General, find the team links tab and click on the Dugout Club Donation Form

I just joined the club this past fall. I found this sentence in the 2021 Media Guide. I tried to find the form but I don't see it. Easier to call, I guess.
Lol…

Reaction Score
Somebody is checking in!
I have never understood why they don't publicize this more. It's like a secret club.

Reaction Score
Thanks @huskymedic. Chris responded in a matter of min and hooked me up. Good to know but agree they should publicize this more as program and interest grows so too will this club.

Reaction Score

Preseason Coaches’ Poll
First place votes in ( )
1. UConn (7) – 49
2. Creighton (1) – 41
3. Xavier – 36
4. St. John’s – 30
5. Seton Hall – 29
6. Butler – 16
7. Georgetown – 13
8. Villanova – 10

Preseason All-BIG EAST Team*
C – Jerry Huntzinger, Gr., Xavier
1B – Luke Franzoni, Sr., Xavier
2B – Andrew Meggs, Jr., Creighton
3B – Marty Higgins, RSo., St. John’s ^
SS – Jack Housinger, Sr., Xavier
DH – Alan Roden, So., Creighton
OF – Erik Stock, Sr., UConn ^
OF – Will Gale, RSo., Seton Hall ^
OF – Chris Rotondo, Sr., Villanova
OF – Andrew Walker, Sr., Xavier
SP – Austin Peterson, Sr., UConn
SP – Ian Murphy, RJr., St. John’s
SP – Dylan Tebrake, Jr., Creighton
SP – Tyler Roche, So., St. John’s
RP – Paul Bergstrom, Jr., Creighton

^ - denotes unanimous selection
* due to a tie in voting, there is an extra member on the preseason all-conference team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom