Men - UConn and 2021 MLB Draft | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Men UConn and 2021 MLB Draft

Reaction Score
It would seem that we should soon know whether pro ball or college ball at UConn is in the immediate future for Owen Kellington. The MLB draft signing deadline is reported to be August 1, which is just around the corner at this point. He certainly has a big decision to make for himself.
Hopefully he's comin' to STORRS!

Reaction Score
$350k after all the taxes. The intangible is that he may not have a full ride to UConn depending on how the baseball scholarships are divided up. This is a really tough call. Could sign for millions with a quality college career. I guess it depends more on the overall maturity and desire to start the baseball career vs. hitting the books and having some fun at college. The parent in me would tell the kid to take the college route, but sometimes the $$ are tough to pass up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

The decision has been made! Hurts to not have him on the team but respect his decision to go pro. Hopefully he does well!

Reaction Score
$350k after all the taxes. The intangible is that he may not have a full ride to UConn depending on how the baseball scholarships are divided up. This is a really tough call. Could sign for millions with a quality college career. I guess it depends more on the overall maturity and desire to start the baseball career vs. hitting the books and having some fun at college. The parent in me would tell the kid to take the college route

His contract will almost certainly include a four year free ride to college. Almost all MLB contracts for top ten round picks include that feature.
2. His tax rate will likely be less than your 41.57%, especially since he will be based in Florida, where there is no state tax. Also bonus payment will likely be spread out over several years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom