UConn @ AIC (Tuesday 1/11/22 @ Mass Mutual Center @ 7p on FloSports) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn @ AIC (Tuesday 1/11/22 @ Mass Mutual Center @ 7p on FloSports)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Cav will be at UConn to coach in the new building. He was probably promised a new building when he took the job.

Yep.

Lang would do great here and is a far, far, FAR superior coach. But they're gonna let Cav get the building first.

Reaction Score
I was at the game (and was at BC on Saturday). Very frustrating, of course. AIC's defense absolutely outplayed our offense, credit to them. I hate to use this pun considering they're the Yellow Jackets, but they swarmed us every chance they could get and our offense never really got into a flow or got comfortable. Even when we did have a pretty strong power play, their goalie stepped up with some nice saves. I don't think it was really a lack of effort on our end, but AIC certainly played harder most of the game -- and honestly we didn't have the same energy we did at BC.

I believe this was our first lost to a team this year that isn't currently ranked (as in OSU wasn't ranked when we lost to them, but are now). AIC was ranked earlier this year however, and is the 3x defending Atlantic Hockey champs (and thus is an NCAA Tournament tested team multiple times over). There is no shame into losing to them per say is what I'm getting it. Not making excuses because we still should win this game, but coming off a crazy road win vs a ranked team 3 days previously this was a let down spot. That's on Cav for not getting the boys up for it, and as others have alluded too, it's a far too common occurrence to not be able to build off the big wins the program puts together multiple times a year. That is a problem that is keeping this team back.

With that said, it's absolutely ridiculous to call for Cav's job at this point. Yes, it's extremely frustrating this team can't get over the hump where they play like a top 10 team one day and play like a bottom tier team the next. Consistency is a huge issue. They're so close to getting over the hump of being a perennial Top 20 team, and I feel like the HE Tourney in 2020 that got cancelled could have been that hump. Now, we had to basically restart the climb since then and it's been tough. When we start dropping games to far inferior teams and stop picking off ranked teams on the road, then we can talk.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I was at the game (and was at BC on Saturday). Very frustrating, of course. AIC's defense absolutely outplayed our offense, credit to them. I hate to use this pun considering they're the Yellow Jackets, but they swarmed us every chance they could get and our offense never really got into a flow or got comfortable. Even when we did have a pretty strong power play, their goalie stepped up with some nice saves. I don't think it was really a lack of effort on our end, but AIC certainly played harder most of the game -- and honestly we didn't have the same energy we did at BC.

I believe this was our first lost to a team this year that isn't currently ranked (as in OSU wasn't ranked when we lost to them, but are now). AIC was ranked earlier this year however, and is the 3x defending Atlantic Hockey champs (and thus is an NCAA Tournament tested team multiple times over). There is no shame into losing to them per say is what I'm getting it. Not making excuses because we still should win this game, but coming off a crazy road win vs a ranked team 3 days previously this was a let down spot. That's on Cav for not getting the boys up for it, and as others have alluded too, it's a far too common occurrence to not be able to build off the big wins the program puts together multiple times a year. That is a problem that is keeping this team back.

With that said, it's absolutely ridiculous to call for Cav's job at this point. Yes, it's extremely frustrating this team can't get over the hump where they play like a top 10 team one day and play like a bottom tier team the next. Consistency is a huge issue. They're so close to getting over the hump of being a perennial Top 20 team, and I feel like the HE Tourney in 2020 that got cancelled could have been that hump. Now, we had to basically restart the climb since then and it's been tough. When we start dropping games to far inferior teams and stop picking off ranked teams on the road, then we can talk.
I am not calling for Cav’s job. I just think the AD needs to have his name tucked away for the future if and when a coaching change is required.

Reaction Score
I am not calling for Cav’s job. I just think the AD needs to have his name tucked away for the future if and when a coaching change is required.
I was not referring to your comment by any means :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom