UConn adds Arkansas | Page 3 | The Boneyard

UConn adds Arkansas

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
You obviously arent up on the latest . . . UConn cancelled the initial game that was scheduled and then didnt propose any new dates so a game could be rescheduled. The news on here Geno reached out to Jeff to reschedule is FAKE. I get it!!! It makes sense Geno doesnt want to play until forced too.

lol. You’re obviously living in fantasy land.

Covid cancelled the game. Just like Covid cancelled the game with Baylor. Just like Covid has for teams all over the country.

I also want to congratulate you on being the first person I have to ignore on the BY. Amazed it took nearly two years. Best of luck.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if the U of Arkansas home arena allows for fans? If they do, what's the maximum? Or might 'fans' be limited to families and friends of the home and visiting players?

Wonder what Geno's health rules are for his players on the road, especially with families and friends nearby?

Road trip from Texas??? Baylor was so, so much closer.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ark is a really good team that can be extremely dangerous if they hit their 3's. Very athletic guards who all have the green light to shoot so it will be a special challenge for our guards.
Not to be argumentative, but hasn't this been said about a couple of teams that we have already played? I think DePaul was one but am not positive. It just seems to me that it has come up in other pre-game threads.

Reaction Score
Yes it is canceled. Sorry I didn't copy the full page.

View attachment 63783
Since the BE site still lists the PC as postponed, I thought the BE's strategy for conference games has been to postpone and then somehow re-schedule the game, even if it means moving other games around. Conference games over any non-conference games!

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Chelsey Dungee is playing at an AA level and is one of the best offensive players in the country. UConn has no one who can effectively guard Dungee, but then, no other team does either. The last time Slocum played UConn she was hard for UConn to stop. So, this will not be an easy game, especially at Arkansas. They lost to Tennessee because they missed so many open three point shots. They are a good and dangerous team. However, their defense is weak and they like to run, so that should be in UConn's favor. They are similar to DePaul but have more accurate shooters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
AU drove Baylor crazy with the drives of their very quick guards.

When they tried it against S Car Boston was there saying no. It allowed S Car to close guard the Ark 3pt shooters. Without their drives and 3 pt shooters Ark had nothing else. They need to outscore their opponents. Teams that have trouble putting up points (most teams) have trouble with them.

Reaction Score
lol. You’re obviously living in fantasy land.

Covid cancelled the game. Just like Covid cancelled the game with Baylor. Just like Covid has for teams all over the country.

I also want to congratulate you on being the first person I have to ignore on the BY. Amazed it took nearly two years. Best of luck.
I agree. That said one of you other fans was on saying that Mulkey chickened out playing you guys. If thats the narrative then UConn chickened out playing us. There is no fantasy here. My fantasy is playing you all before March so you all get to see who the best team in the nation is right now. That is all. I get your feelings were hurt but I only used the comments of your fellow Boneyard poster!!!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I agree. That said one of you other fans was on saying that Mulkey chickened out playing you guys. If thats the narrative then UConn chickened out playing us. There is no fantasy here. My fantasy is playing you all before March so you all get to see who the best team in the nation is right now. That is all. I get your feelings were hurt but I only used the comments of your fellow Boneyard poster!!!
stupid better call saul GIF

Reaction Score
Yeah, because Geno is known for ducking teams, get out of here with that nonsense! UConn plays the toughest schedule year in and year out and you honestly think Geno is afraid to play Louisville? You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes, claiming otherwise is just laughable.
Its your fellow poster saying that Geno reached out to Jeff to reschedule against us. I know for a FACT that is FAKE NEWS. Geno nor anyone at UConn attempted to reschedule to play us this season. The silver lining though is there is still time. I am sure Jeff and Geno could get a game worked out in Jan or Feb!!!! Let's end any debate about who is better. LMAO

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Its your fellow poster saying that Geno reached out to Jeff to reschedule against us. I know for a FACT that is FAKE NEWS. Geno nor anyone at UConn attempted to reschedule to play us this season. The silver lining though is there is still time. I am sure Jeff and Geno could get a game worked out in Jan or Feb!!!! Let's end any debate about who is better. LMAO
dumb jim carrey GIF

Reaction Score
wtf.gif

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
So I guess Jeff chickened out when they had to stop because of COVID at Louisville back in December, if we go by your reasoning. By the way both Jeff and Geno have said that they tried to get a game scheduled but they couldn't get it done. So let me ask you ARE YOU also calling Jeff a liar?

Reaction Score
Coach Neighbors is that dude!! Props to him, the Arkansas AD, and UConn AD. Arkansas is what our beloved UConn program was back in the day, young and hungry willing to take on the world!

Reaction Score
So I guess Jeff chickened out when they had to stop because of COVID at Louisville back in December, if we go by your reasoning. By the way both Jeff and Geno have said that they tried to get a game scheduled but they couldn't get it done. So let me ask you ARE YOU also calling Jeff a liar?
HAHA That is UConn reasoning. UConn never attempted to reschedule the game, but that narrative makes UConn look better!!!

Reaction Score
I think this is a great game for UConn having DePaul in the conference. DePaul and AR philosophy is similar so it's a good game for UConn.

Reaction Score
Gotta bone up on Arkansas. This is good.
They are like Depaul only better at it. Weak in the middle. Run the 3 guard weave and shoot 3's anywhere anytime. Chelse Dungee drives right hard to the hoop all day and night. Destiny Slocum drives and scores or kick. Ramirez shoots 3's all day.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Mr. agitator-n-chief, if you are so in with insider info and all things knowledgeable, please do us a favor, jump in use your immense influence and negotiate the game you so want to see. After your efforts prove fruitful I guaranty one thing, UCONN will show up having dodged no one ever. The question being will your claptrap words still be a spewing?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom