UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn 2021 scheduling - when are we filling out the rest of the card?

Reaction Score
The shocker is the Cougs are willing to play in E. Hartford for the last game of the season...NOV 27th. Thought they
would be looking to get us on their schedule for a "warmer" date before that
...but now we know ...it is Houston at Uconn for game 12 (also gives Uconn 2 weeks off to prepare for the road trip(s) to Clemson-NOV 13 and .... UCF -NOV 20th)

2021 Houston Football Schedule Announced
"The Cougars conclude their regular season slate with a non-conference matchup at UConn on Nov. 27. "
Clemson
UCF
Houston

3 easy wins

Reaction Score
According to Coogs forum...fan reaction to schedule...

Reaction Score
According to Coogs forum...fan reaction to schedule...

I read all the comments from the UH fans. Not much different than our boneyard fans!! Lol

Reaction Score
I’m glad we are playing a real game at home, but I’m about as happy playing Houston as they are playing us. I bet we win that game. Another cold weather loss for Houston at the Rent.

Reaction Score
A late November game in the northeast....really not quite as bad as I had thought.....historic average for November 27 in Hartford........31 low-48 high. But not ideal conditions on the lower end of that. Houston probably wants to play before dark.

Reaction Score
Those are averages...it was warm this year but it is usually, as my friend says, cold, yet damp around here in late November. A couple of years ago we had a foot of snow. And it is dreary. November in Connecticut is the month God created so those who don’t drink know what a hangover feels like.

Reaction Score
Cold is one thing...humidity another....when in Colorado, I can be out in shirt sleeves in 32 degrees and be comfortable in the sun....in Tallahassee, at 42 degrees, gray clouds, a breeze and 90% humidity, I am cold.

Reaction Score
The coldest game that I have sat through was not in Boston, South Bend, Lincoln or Columbus...it was in Atlanta...18 degrees at the 1983 Peach Bowl.

But the most miserable was the 1982 Gator Bowl...pouring rain, low 40's, wind whipping in....

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I will say it again...I like our independent schedule better than a league schedule. Every year is different...it's more interesting.

I have no idea whether it makes sense financially..and it certainly makes the AD's job difficult...but I like it.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there a discussion with BYU for a possible home-and-home series?

Reaction Score
Rumors of BYU, Pitt and perhaps buy in game in TX are out there. I also think we will get something done with Rutty who has some open dates in relative near term.
Rutgers is a must...

Reaction Score
11/27 is rivalry weekend...

Houston-UConn
FSU-Florida
Auburn-Alabama
South Carolina-Clemson
LSU-Texas A&M
Ohio State-Michigan
Oklahoma-OK State
Stanford-Notre Dame

I do not believe that Notre Dame or Stanford consider this their rivalry game. For Stanford it is obviously Cal. For Notre Dame I would think USC.

Reaction Score
I do not believe that Notre Dame or Stanford consider this their rivalry game. For Stanford it is obviously Cal. For Notre Dame I would think USC.

I know.."artistic liberty"...Not their PRIMARY rival. I also don't think that Houston considers this a rivalry game with UConn.

But the Notre Dame-Stanford game is a rivalry game....

The Notre Dame–Stanford football rivalry is an American college football rivalry between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish football team of the University of Notre Dame and Stanford Cardinal football team of Stanford University. As of 2019, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and Stanford Cardinal have met 34 times, beginning in 1925 (though the modern series began in 1988).[2] The Notre Dame–Stanford game has been played annually since 1997, with the teams meeting at Notre Dame Stadium earlier in the season (late September to mid-October) in even-numbered years, and at Stanford Stadium on the weekend following Thanksgiving in odd-numbered years since 1999. The game typically alternates positions in Notre Dame's schedule with its other Pac-12 opponent, USC.

Reaction Score
FBS UConn photo selection
Interesting FBSchedules' photo selection for the UConn schedules UH article; appears squeezed.
By contrast, the FBSchedules' Houston article photo features more typical sized athletes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom