UConn @ #18 Boston College (Saturday 1/8/22 @ Kelly Rink @ 4p on NESN+) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #18 Boston College (Saturday 1/8/22 @ Kelly Rink @ 4p on NESN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I was at the game. A great win, but.........................where were the UConn fans? At best, there might have been 50. C'mon Husky faithful, it's only an hour and a half drive from Hartford, barely an hour from Storrs.

While I have the platform, today was a classic example of why college hockey should be played on campus. While in my seat several minutes before the game commences, in walk about 20 BC coeds who sit together a few rows in front of me. I asked if they were a BC team, and yes, they were the Swim/Dive squad. How nice that they didn't have to get on a bus and travel 30 miles to see their compatriots play. Leave their dorm, walk a few hundred yards, and enjoy the college athletic experience.

BTW, they were really attractive. In case I get a slew of negative replies, at my age I don't care about being woke.

Reaction Score
Outstanding win. Now Keep it up!
I agree about playing on campus. Back in the old AHA days, the womens hoop team was often in attendance.

Reaction Score
Did everybody else enjoy the Courant’s write up about the game as much as I did? Honestly, a basketball player with a hangnail will get more column inches than this team gets. It sucks.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Did everybody else enjoy the Courant’s write up about the game as much as I did? Honestly, a basketball player with a hangnail will get more column inches than this team gets. It sucks.
I no longer read the Courant, but color me surprised. Terrible sports section these days. Used to be pretty good.

Reaction Score
I no longer read the Courant, but color me surprised. Terrible sports section these days. Used to be pretty good.
Nobody gets the NEWS via a paper anymore. The paper = old news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34