UConn @ #17 Maine (Friday 2/14 @ 7:30p & Saturday 2/15 @ 7:30p [this game on NESN]) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #17 Maine (Friday 2/14 @ 7:30p & Saturday 2/15 @ 7:30p [this game on NESN])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I throw my remote maybe once a year with all the sports teams I root for and I just threw it.
That was tough to take. 3 points would have been a nice weekend.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
And here we are....coulda used that point.
C4728CC8-4E13-4548-9A44-14BA6FB88E82.jpeg

Reaction Score
Rees needs to skate to redline and dump that puck. Absolutely dreadful loss. That said, generally played a solid game.

Reaction Score
Now that I've calmed down a bit, its probably us vs UNH now for that last spot.
UNH has 4 games left with UMass Lowell and BC and we have the tiebreaker with UNH.
Just keep taking 2 points a weekend and we are good.
Dammit that loss was
I hate Bob Barker

Reaction Score
Just dump the friggin puck into the Maine end get a point and go home happy.

I thought the boarding call was marginal but you could call it. If they called a major it would have been criminal. Basically the Maine kid got knocked into our guy when he got hit. The UConn player turned to avoid hitting him straight on.

Exciting game but Maine is kind of a defensive team that clogs everything up and hope for a break. I was flipping to the Northeastern Lowell game between periods. Much smoother wide open affair which I think plays to UConn’s strengths. We can play a muck it up game but we are better when we can skate

Reaction Score
Solid effort against #17 Maine. Now the rubber really meets the road! We are definitely competing with UNH for the 8th spot, but we have the inside track - a game in hand, one more point and an similarly difficult schedule.
(Boy those two loses to Merrimack loom large now!) They could have easily taken 4 points out of Orono, but that hasn't been easy this year.

Keep the lines together and challenge them to keep the defense staunch and we go in as an 8th seed or even a 7.

Keep the edge and we'll get there.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Tyler Madden our a month for Northeastern is a huge injury

Reaction Score
I said before the weekend that I would be happy with two points. Got them, although I would be less than candid in not acknowledging that after a win in game 1, I wanted at least three. Nonetheless, we have our destiny in our own hands. Do our job, and playoff hockey is at our doorstep. Only one team I don't want to face in the quarters...……………….BC. Give me anyone else, and I think we have a great shot at the semis in Boston.

Reaction Score
I said before the weekend that I would be happy with two points. Got them, although I would be less than candid in not acknowledging that after a win in game 1, I wanted at least three. Nonetheless, we have our destiny in our own hands. Do our job, and playoff hockey is at our doorstep. Only one team I don't want to face in the quarters...……………….BC. Give me anyone else, and I think we have a great shot at the semis in Boston.
I said the same thing and came away very disappointed with only 2 points. Excited for BU on the weekend.

Reaction Score
UConn Nation should be embarrassed if 6,000 don't show up (fannies in the seats, not tickets "distributed") Friday night vs BU.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Despite this team losing games it can win, I see progress. I continue to be amazed at how poorly we seem to handle games we should be winning out of conference. But in Hockey East we are neck and neck with ranked teams and teams that won a national championship in the last few years.

What I keep waiting for is that breakthrough. That year when we win games like that last one, and the Merrimack games and finally get into the rankings and make a post-season. For those that are closer to it, what is stopping us from getting there?

Reaction Score
Despite this team losing games it can win, I see progress. I continue to be amazed at how poorly we seem to handle games we should be winning out of conference. But in Hockey East we are neck and neck with ranked teams and teams that won a national championship in the last few years.

What I keep waiting for is that breakthrough. That year when we win games like that last one, and the Merrimack games and finally get into the rankings and make a post-season. For those that are closer to it, what is stopping us from getting there?

Special teams and inconsistent netminding.

Good news for us though heading into the final games is Vomacka looks to be out of his funk after the solid weekend in Maine. That should help the PK out, but PP remains an enigma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom