UConn +16 v NC State 8/31

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Per FanDuel. You like the Huskies?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I still need to cash my Utah State winner.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have a feeling NC State is gonna play flat this game and under estimate us. Im feeling an upset

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Does anyone remember the spread against Utah St for last season's opener?

Reaction Score
I‘m calling NC St the Brett Yormark bowl, as it‘s outcome will surely impact the narrative surrounding a potential Big XII invite

This isn’t the first time Husky Football has had the opportunity to impact a conference narrative with decision makers watching—but this time the reaction will be much more immediate and widespread, as the audience now also includes influencers, podcasters and media big shots on Twitter.
It’s not all on the line of course, but in many ways the old adage “you only get one chance to make a first impression” applies here. We’re in year two of the Mora regime after making a bowl game in year one. We’re revolutionizing the program. Yormark has been telling the skeptics in the Big XII not to look at our past performance, but to notice the improvement.
So which one of these scenarios is more likely to evolve on Aug 31st? We fill the stadium with a confident fanbase and keep it excitingly close, or show up with a paltry, skeptical crowd and suffer an embarrassing shellacking?
Like it or not, the answer will set the tone for the chattering narrative moving forward. We’ll either see an eye opening reaction and immediate boost, or a slew of snarky commentary and much longer odds.

Reaction Score
Did they post o/u for wins? I am currently in CT and I cannot see the UConn bets.

Reaction Score
Massey has NCS @ #43 this year and last year @ #42 with 8-5 record. Lost to BCU 21-20 at home two weeks after UConn beat BCU 13-3 in 2022.
Not sure how improved (or not) NCS is for 2023 but @ home with some semblance of a passing attack and game is in reach (Massey has NCS 95% chance to win).
Overall if UConn is moving to top 100 or better in 2023 there are a lot of beatable teams on the schedule. Rankings of opponents and where play are H43, 92, H130, H67, H98, 122, H112, 86, 6, 74, H FCS, H131.
So NCS @ 43, Duke @ 67 (both @ home) and Tennessee @ 6 are only teams in top 70 that get to play. Beat NCS and go to Knoxville 8-0 and as the catcher in "The Rookie" said " you got 'em talk'n".

Reaction Score
Massey has NCS @ #43 this year and last year @ #42 with 8-5 record. Lost to BCU 21-20 at home two weeks after UConn beat BCU 13-3 in 2022.
Not sure how improved (or not) NCS is for 2023 but @ home with some semblance of a passing attack and game is in reach (Massey has NCS 95% chance to win).
Overall if UConn is moving to top 100 or better in 2023 there are a lot of beatable teams on the schedule. Rankings of opponents and where play are H43, 92, H130, H67, H98, 122, H112, 86, 6, 74, H FCS, H131.
So NCS @ 43, Duke @ 67 (both @ home) and Tennessee @ 6 are only teams in top 70 that get to play. Beat NCS and go to Knoxville 8-0 and as the catcher in "The Rookie" said " you got 'em talk'n".
I believe NC State was without their starting quarterback for the BC game.

Reaction Score
Just a half decent passing game and we can keep this one close. A balanced offense and we have a shot to win. Our kiddies are rambunctious teenagers this year and the offense isn't starting from scratch. I really like the competition that's going to happen on defense.

Reaction Score
Did they post o/u for wins? I am currently in CT and I cannot see the UConn bets.
In Connecticut you might not see any action on Uconn. Last year they didn't take any in the state at Fanduel or Draftkings and there is already college lines but Fanduel doesn't have anything on Uconn yet. In Las Vegas Fanduel and Caesars has it at 4.5 wins and Fanduel 5.5 wins Offshore it is 5

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I go to the MGM Springfield website since that's where I'm going if I buy a ticket.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
hammer GIF

Reaction Score
I just hope we will be healthy this season. If TR is better in camp from his injury, and ZT is better in his second year, I think we might have a QB1a and QB1b. Hope we have 55% passing/45% running game.
How much depends on injuries today! It seems that in the past, the coach could replace a player without too much damage to the team's playing tactics.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Last year it took three series of downs to know UConn was hopelessly overmatched against NCSU and the final score was going to be whatever NCSU wanted it to be.

To get a 16 point spread says a lot about this team. I hope they win it.

Just being competitive in to the fourth quarter and having NCSU playing their starters the full game and having to run their olaybook all four qtrs is a huge improvement.

Reaction Score
In Connecticut you might not see any action on Uconn. Last year they didn't take any in the state at Fanduel or Draftkings and there is already college lines but Fanduel doesn't have anything on Uconn yet. In Las Vegas Fanduel and Caesars has it at 4.5 wins and Fanduel 5.5 wins Offshore it is 5
Can those platforms offer betting on home games for local teams? I thought not. But I could be wrong.

Reaction Score
I‘m calling NC St the Brett Yormark bowl, as it‘s outcome will surely impact the narrative surrounding a potential Big XII invite

This isn’t the first time Husky Football has had the opportunity to impact a conference narrative with decision makers watching—but this time the reaction will be much more immediate and widespread, as the audience now also includes influencers, podcasters and media big shots on Twitter.
It’s not all on the line of course, but in many ways the old adage “you only get one chance to make a first impression” applies here. We’re in year two of the Mora regime after making a bowl game in year one. We’re revolutionizing the program. Yormark has been telling the skeptics in the Big XII not to look at our past performance, but to notice the improvement.
So which one of these scenarios is more likely to evolve on Aug 31st? We fill the stadium with a confident fanbase and keep it excitingly close, or show up with a paltry, skeptical crowd and suffer an embarrassing shellacking?
Like it or not, the answer will set the tone for the chattering narrative moving forward. We’ll either see an eye opening reaction and immediate boost, or a slew of snarky commentary and much longer odds.
Well, I am thinking that Colorado moves to the B12 this month and the Pac12 also finalizes its media package this month. (When an AD uses the term "proud member" it means they are working the T&C's of their departure.) Then there will be a short waiting period for the B12 to see if other four corner schools will follow. Whether that is one or two months is hard to tell. And Yormark probably has some preliminary data on them. If one of them has already said no, then a UConn invite could come quickly. If not, then decision time could be as late as early September. So under that scenario, the performance of UConn v NCS might have some influence.

If UConn wins, that would certainly give them some tailwind. Less if they lose but beat the spread with a competitive performance. Not beating the spread slightly worse. Lose by a blowout and the naysayers will be in full throat. The question is, would that outcome really be catastrophic? Probably not. The B12 is playing the long game, or at least they should be.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe NC State was without their starting quarterback for the BC game.
And that QB has transferred to Kentucky, however a UVA QB has transferred in to NC State to replace him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom