UConn @ #14 Northeastern (Friday 2/5/21 @ Matthews Arena @ 5p on CollegeSportsLive.com) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UConn @ #14 Northeastern (Friday 2/5/21 @ Matthews Arena @ 5p on CollegeSportsLive.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Absolutely! The more the merrier.
canes GIF by Carolina Hurricanes

Reaction Score
While watching the game yesterday, the Northeastern announcers weren't very credible. UConns take the lead, 2-1, outshoots N.U. 11-6, & the color announcer states that N.U. played a very good 2nd period. That's when I shut the sound off on my computer.

Reaction Score
While watching the game yesterday, the Northeastern announcers weren't very credible. UConns take the lead, 2-1, outshoots N.U. 11-6, & the color announcer states that N.U. played a very good 2nd period. That's when I shut the sound off on my computer.
Coach they were terrible not just on the credibility side. I though they were calling a paint drying contest. But when you are the home team’s guys it is tough to call games you are losing I guess

Reaction Score
Plus, since both teams are the huskies, using UConn and Northeastern to describe the plays would have been better. Since I'm usually doing a couple things at once, saying here come the Huskies on a breakaway, or penalty on the Huskies wasn't helpful.

Reaction Score
This team is super likeable. It’s really a shame this breakout has occurred during Covid. There have been some glimmers of a breakout through last season. This team knocked the door down. Playing better almost by the minute. In addition the talent is evenly distributed between classes so this should continue.

The defenseman are light years ahead as a group and that’s allowed the talent up front to shine. Having a lot of fun, just wish I could witness it in person.

Reaction Score
If we could have fans these next home games would be rocking. Feel like it's kind of a shame this team isn't getting the kind of recognition it would have gotten in a normal season.

Edit: Obviously the same thoughts as above.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

If BU gets some games in, they are going to climb fast. At this point, 4th behind BC, UMass and BU, but ahead of PC and Lowell would be pretty solid. I’ll take something better if they manage it. Next game is another big one.

Reaction Score
Program is finally on the way towards becoming northern New England's worst nightmare.

Reaction Score
I know we have the Lowell game Tuesday. Is it between UVM, Maine, and BU next weekend? I read Maine get play games at home ?

Reaction Score
A BC loss and a UConn win in the next game has us tied for 2nd. (points wise) Based on who we have played this year, that’s amazing.
I'd put more emphasis on PTS%, which it appears HE is going to use for tourney seeding, given the uneven schedules. So I'm rooting for BC to clean up on the other three teams competing with us for spots 2-5. Assume PC will sweep Merrimack this weekend, likely. If BC beats BU again, and NU beats UMass Tuesday, along with us beating UML (by "beating" I mean in regulation - all three points) ,the PTS% after Tuesday's games will be...............

BU - .666
UMass - .663
UConn - .627
PC - .611

THAT would set up a real horserace for the second and third tourney byes.

Reaction Score
I'd put more emphasis on PTS%, which it appears HE is going to use for tourney seeding, given the uneven schedules. So I'm rooting for BC to clean up on the other three teams competing with us for spots 2-5. Assume PC will sweep Merrimack this weekend, likely. If BC beats BU again, and NU beats UMass Tuesday, along with us beating UML (by "beating" I mean in regulation - all three points) ,the PTS% after Tuesday's games will be...............

BU - .666
UMass - .663
UConn - .627
PC - .611

THAT would set up a real horserace for the second and third tourney byes.
Sorry for the math errors. It would be even better................

UMass - .633
UConn - .627
PC - .611
BU - .583
NU - .571

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics