UC Riverside @ Oregon (3) - 12/16/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UC Riverside @ Oregon (3) - 12/16/19

Reaction Score
Reckon should could have had 15 threes if she played bigger minutes.

Reaction Score
I remember she lit up USA a few years ago. I forget what year it was, but she was playing with Ezi.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I remember she lit up USA a few years ago. I forget what year it was, but she was playing with Ezi.

I believe it was an U17 game a few years ago. Cochrane (another UO freshman) had a decent game then as well. Shelley scored 17 in the game before this one, and another freshman (Winterburn) 17 (I think) in the game before that; 9 in this game. I don't think Shelley, who seems to the point guard in waiting, has been a surprise--Graves speaks very highly of her, she's been solid all season, is smart, plays within herself, and is a good defender. On the other hand, Winterburn has been something of an eye opener--to some extent, anyway: she is very active and, unless Boley wakes up, will likely get more and more time on the court.

Sabally was held out for precautionary reasons. This UO team is far from the finely tuned team of last year in almost all areas except defense--partly, maybe mostly, bacause of the very limited roster during 2018-19 (which, of course, proved to be a problem when Chavez went out and Hebard was injured). After the game, Ionescu talked about how much harder it's been to get everyone on the same page given the new faces, etc. So very much a work in progress.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Boley with an 0-fer and Hebard under 50% FG shooting, that probably won't happen too often. 18 rebounds for Ionescu? Who does she think she is, Mik Pivec? :rolleyes:

Does the "Oregon doesn't have a bench" thing still work if Shelley is starting temporarily? I think she, Chavez and Winterburn have shown they can go off and Giomi has been decent. Averaging about 26 ppg between those 4 before today, that average will nudge up w/ Shelley's explosion.

Reaction Score
If Aussie, Jaz Shelley continues at this rate she could be one of those in the discussion as Pac-12 freshman of the year. Put on a 3-point clinic today.
Notice on the replay on the last 3-pointer the bench reaction , specifically Ionescu when Shelley broke the record.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe it was an U17 game a few years ago. Cochrane (another UO freshman) had a decent game then as well. Shelley scored 17 in the game before this one, and another freshman (Winterburn) 17 (I think) in the game before that; 9 in this game. I don't think Shelley, who seems to the point guard in waiting, has been a surprise--Graves speaks very highly of her, she's been solid all season, is smart, plays within herself, and is a good defender. On the other hand, Winterburn has been something of an eye opener--to some extent, anyway: she is very active and, unless Boley wakes up, will likely get more and more time on the court.

Sabally was held out for precautionary reasons. This UO team is far from the finely tuned team of last year in almost all areas except defense--partly, maybe mostly, bacause of the very limited roster during 2018-19 (which, of course, proved to be a problem when Chavez went out and Hebard was injured). After the game, Ionescu talked about how much harder it's been to get everyone on the same page given the new faces, etc. So very much a work in progress.

Winterburn is a warrior out there and tough. She is also a nice freshman surprise out of Great Britain of all places. She could push Boley out of starting spot.

Reaction Score
Didn't see much defense out there on Shelley, but the kid can flat out shoot. Oregon has some awesome 3-point shooters: Shelley, Winterburn, Boley, Sabally, Sabrina. Clearly, after watching that avalanche of 3-point shots by Shelley, defending UO way beyond the 3-point line is a must.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom