Tyrese Martin - Drafted 51 to Atlanta | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin - Drafted 51 to Atlanta

Reaction Score
I’m not sure we’ve fully processed the fact that Tyrese was the only Big East player drafted. That’s actually an astounding indictment of the talent in a conference promoted as one of the big boy leagues.
And what about the fact Martin wasn’t named to any of the All-Big East teams. Where’s the glaring disconnect coming from?

Reaction Score
I’m not sure we’ve fully processed the fact that Tyrese was the only Big East player drafted. That’s actually an astounding indictment of the talent in a conference promoted as one of the big boy leagues.
And what about the fact Martin wasn’t named to any of the All-Big East teams. Where’s the glaring disconnect coming from?
Being a great college player doesn't necessarily make you a good NBA prospect

Reaction Score

Martin said he truly valued his two seasons in Storrs.

“I learned a lot from my time there,” he said. “(Dan) Hurley, Kimani (Young), Coach (Tom) Moore and Coach (Luke) Murray for the one year he was there, they pushed me to limits I didn’t know. They made me uncomfortable every day in practice for times like this, to where I was able to be my best when I needed to be, at the right time. They prepared me for that.”

Should be fantastic for recruiting.

Reaction Score
Martin said he truly valued his two seasons in Storrs.

“I learned a lot from my time there,” he said. “(Dan) Hurley, Kimani (Young), Coach (Tom) Moore and Coach (Luke) Murray for the one year he was there, they pushed me to limits I didn’t know. They made me uncomfortable every day in practice for times like this, to where I was able to be my best when I needed to be, at the right time. They prepared me for that.”

Should be fantastic for recruiting.
This should be printed on a 8.5x11 paper along with a picture of Martin and his high school ranking and where he got drafted in the NBA. Hurley and the coaching staff should produce 500 copies of this and stack them on his desk. Every time they make a recruiting trip they need to hand a copy of this to the recruit at some point in their recruiting visit or recruiting pitch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The best player in the league was probably Gillespie, and he's not likely to succeed in the NBA. Drew Timme returned to Gonzaga for the same reason. Experience wins in college, and not many guys with NBA athleticism and skill-sets stick around. The NBA mostly drafts on potential, and honestly misses quite frequently.

Reaction Score
This should be printed on a 8.5x11 paper along with a picture of Martin and his high school ranking and where he got drafted in the NBA. Hurley and the coaching staff should produce 500 copies of this and stack them on his desk. Every time they make a recruiting trip they need to hand a copy of this to the recruit at some point in their recruiting visit or recruiting pitch.
And add Bouknight to that list

Reaction Score
Being a great college player doesn't necessarily make you a good NBA prospect
The big east was filled with very good college players with low/no NBA potential this past season.

Reaction Score
Anyone know if he's signed a contract yet? Wondering if he's getting guaranteed, non-guaranteed, or 2-way.

Reaction Score

Alternate access

“I didn’t expect it [to be drafted], but I knew they [the Hawks] were interested in me,” he said.

Though Martin was the only Husky drafted, his former teammates also received some opportunities. Forward Isaiah Whaley agreed to an Exhibit-10 (nonguaranteed) contract with the Charlotte Hornets, while guard R.J. Cole will play on the Los Angeles Lakers’ NBA Summer League team.

“It means a lot,” said Martin regarding his former teammates receiving contracts. “Those are guys I was in the trenches with in the summers and not going home. Doing three-a-days in the summers when we don’t have official team practices. We put in all that extra time in the summers and offseason for moments like this. I couldn’t be more proud of them.

“It also goes to show a credit to UConn. You know, Coach Hurley, Kimani [Young], [Tom] Moore and Murray and just making sure UConn got back to where it used to be in player development.”

Reaction Score
And add Bouknight to that list
very true. I still think Bouknight can become a really good player in the league as long he keeps his head on straight and Coach Clifford gives him decent minutes to shine without Bouknight feeling he will be pulled after 1 error.

I didn't like Bouk going to Charlotte as there was an abundance of players playing the 2 or 3 (Rozier, Hayward, and Cody Martin).

Reaction Score
1656372719701.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom