Tyrese Martin 1st Round Pick? | The Boneyard

Tyrese Martin 1st Round Pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Having seen Martin play in person many times over the past two years, this is my sleeper-in-plain-sight inclusion. He carries a good frame for an NBA shooting guard. Martin shot 43% from beyond the arc last season and was still devoted enough to rebound at both ends. There are understandable concerns about his free throw and 2-point percentages. As a four-year player, I'd guarantee you he doesn't get a first-round grade from a single NBA team. I will trust the growth. He'll become a good plug-and-play scorer and wind up as a top-30 producer by the end of his career.

Seems the author just likes Tyrese.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
CBS Sports has him going in the first round as the 29th pick. Would be an incredible story and accomplishment. He certainly has played his way into receiving first round consideration.
I listened to the CBS Sports podcast yesterday. It sounds like they don’t necessarily think that’s where he will go but more where he should go. Norlander said he thinks he’s one of the likely second round picks who he thinks has the best chance to have a long nba career.

Obviously going in the first round would be amazing for a guy who really deserves it.

Reaction Score
Sam Vecenie has him ranked 68th in his draft guide. Basically says he should be a two-way at least, and could be a guy that contributes pretty quickly as a minutes eater.

Elsewhere, he has said there's been a lot of calling prospects in the entire second round looking for who is willing to take a two-way. I have to imagine Tyrese would be willing, because the prove-it attitude is deeply ingrained in him. So I think he's going to get drafted. Just a hunch, but I'd bet it if I could.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He’s got size and can do a little bit of everything.

I’m still not convinced that he’s going to be drafted or even that it matters if he’s drafted - he’s going to be offered a contract by someone.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I've read Celtic insider stuff that Brad loves his game and would grab him if available and his 2 top priorities haven't slipped down
I love TM but really don't see him as a 1st rounder but who knows?
In a way, he's like a poor mans Marcus Smart

Reaction Score
What teams has he worked out for?
This article says Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Lakers, Utah Jazz and Charlotte Hornets.

Alternate free link:

As the NBA draft approaches, let’s look at where former UConn players are projected

Reaction Score
What teams has he worked out for?
This article says Atlanta Hawks, Los Angeles Lakers, Utah Jazz and Charlotte Hornets.

Alternate free link:

As the NBA draft approaches, let’s look at where former UConn players are projected

And pretty much everyone saw him multiple times between Portsmouth, the g league camp, 3x3U, and the real combine. He's probably had the most summer exposure of any prospect.

Reaction Score
Tyres is a great guy and will do well in the interview process. What’s not to like about his work effort, grit and team ball? He is smart enough to adjust to the situation.
As for draft placement, the 1st round may be a stretch goal but it is a draft without a lot of depth. I am hoping he gets the first round money but also agree the right situation is key too.

Reaction Score
jeremy woo has him at #53 to the celtics. that's the highest i have seen him in a legit mock. i know it would make myself and a lot of other boneyard celtics fans very happy.

Reaction Score
Sam Vecenie has him ranked 68th in his draft guide. Basically says he should be a two-way at least, and could be a guy that contributes pretty quickly as a minutes eater.

Elsewhere, he has said there's been a lot of calling prospects in the entire second round looking for who is willing to take a two-way. I have to imagine Tyrese would be willing, because the prove-it attitude is deeply ingrained in him. So I think he's going to get drafted. Just a hunch, but I'd bet it if I could.
Nailed it.

Reaction Score
Nailed it.
1D9ECF59-4F96-4759-BADD-E6B5184801C9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads