Typical Genoism | The Boneyard

Typical Genoism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
After the game, we were waiting around to say hello to some of the players. Four girls joined the group, hoping to see some of the team. They were in high school, basketball players, had gone to the last Final Four, and were clearly excited, to the point of being giddy, about being in the presence of UConn. While we were waiting, they took turns getting their picture taken with Danny.

Geno walked out, heading to an interview. One of the girls screwed up her courage, and yelled out, "I love you Geno!"

Without missing a beat, he responded, "That's because you don't know me"

Then one of the girls got a call from their ride, which cleanly indicated the ride was leaving, so they didn't get a chance to see any of the players. But they will have a small story to tell.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It rubs off too. In the interview after the Rutgers game when they interviewed Hartley, they asked about her jammed thumb and how it didn't seem to affect her shooting. She agreed and added, coach had told her it shouldn't be a problem because she can't dribble with her left hand anyway. :cool:

Reaction Score
It rubs off too. In the interview after the Rutgers game when they interviewed Hartley, they asked about her jammed thumb and how it didn't seem to affect her shooting. She agreed and added, coach had told her it shouldn't be a problem because she can't dribble with her left hand anyway. :cool:

I saw that. Really cool answer. Its amazing that they can laugh at themselves. Watching these young ladies off the court really adds value to this team.

Reaction Score
I saw that. Really cool answer. Its amazing that they can laugh at themselves. Watching these young ladies off the court really adds value to this team.
Is "watanabe" connected to the WW2 Japanese prison tyrant in "Unbroken"?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I keep thinking that a few or many years down the road when the coaching tenure ends, we're all going to be saying, "Geno, we hardly knew you." Just a quiet unassuming guy.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Is "watanabe" connected to the WW2 Japanese prison tyrant in "Unbroken"?
Ken Watanabe. Unbroken, The Last Samurai, Letters from Iwo Jima, Inception. Batman Begins.

Ken-Watanabe.jpg

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ken Watanabe. Unbroken, The Last Samurai, Letters from Iwo Jima, Inception. Batman Begins.

Ken-Watanabe.jpg
Or maybe Gedde "Gary" Watanabe Sixteen Candles, Gremlins II, Mulan, ...

Reaction Score
U folks have my number.I humbly accept and acknowledge your superior jeopardy skills.
BUT, please ponder the possibility that Watanabe may be my first name?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
U folks have my number.I humbly accept and acknowledge your superior jeopardy skills.
BUT, please ponder the possibility that Watanabe may be my first name?
Or both names like Smith Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog