Tyler P starting QB | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Tyler P starting QB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yall are also the most fair weather fans maybe in all of sports. Just last week everyone is ranting and raving about Steven Krajewski. Kid gets hurt, a backup comes in a performs against the reserve players and it’s bench the kid who played well against our hardest opponent. Jack Zergiotis got how many chances Steven Krajewski gonna get one game? Let him get a few games that he has earned with his work on and off the field if he doesn’t work out use Tyler Phommachanh for the last three games so he doesn’t lose his red shirt let Steven Krajewski move on and start another rebuild around him. But y’all crack me up kid plays a decent half and people start comparing him to Russel Wilson

Anyone with a memory of your posts knows you are being very hypocritical,

First off we all know you are a fair weather UCONN fan who posts here because you root for Steven Krajewski. Nothing wrong with that but for you to call other fans fair weather is rich.

and you spent the better part of the last two years reminding us of Steven Krajewski's great performance against UCF's 2nd team defense in garbage time.

Nobody is rooting against Steven Krajewski and he has had two very tough breaks with his injuries, but please forgive diehard UCONN FANS for noticing that the dual threat QB opens up the offense.'

Don't worry, Tyler Phommachanh isn't very big, chances of him lasting the rest of the year unscathed by an injury are slim.

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Yall are also the most fair weather fans maybe in all of sports. Just last week everyone is ranting and raving about Steven Krajewski. Kid gets hurt, a backup comes in a performs against the reserve players and it’s bench the kid who played well against our hardest opponent. Jack Zergiotis got how many chances Steven Krajewski gonna get one game? Let him get a few games that he has earned with his work on and off the field if he doesn’t work out use Tyler Phommachanh for the last three games so he doesn’t lose his red shirt let Steven Krajewski move on and start another rebuild around him. But y’all crack me up kid plays a decent half and people start comparing him to Russel Wilson
Ak, ak, ak. Head bang

Reaction Score
Dude are you joking it's been raining for five straight years, anybody who is still hanging around is the most loyal fan in all of sports.
When I say fair weather it’s with the players one person has a good game and he’s the savior

Reaction Score

Stratton’s Take: UConn Football has found their QB of the future​

Reaction Score
Would anyone like to place a wager once this kid plays a difficult team like Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski did you guys turn on him as fast as you called him a savior. He had a decent half against army’s back ups. He was unsuccessful against the starting defense. Steven Krajewski against Purdue put the team in scoring position several times but the team not him were un successful due to dropped passes two of which would of landed the team inside the 5 yard line. When the score was close. Running backs that couldn’t pick up more than 2 yards rushing per attempt (he led the team in rushing) was not sacked and escaped loss of yards numerous times. Even though there were incompletions due to pressure and being hit as he threw. Also compare apples to apples what was TPs first half stats against army compared to sks first half stats against Purdue. It’s crazy the kid played pretty decent against our hardest opponent to date and gets the rug pulled from underneath him for a decent half against a weaker teams backups.

now on to Jack Zergiotis. Through his 12 games as the starting qb, it has been a roller coaster. He goes from having good games against Illinois ECUand umass and everyone thought he was the savior to the program. Come this year has a few off games everyone turns on him. Idk how these kids come and play week after week and keep they’re mental state in point. Also has anyone found it weird that these coaches who won’t be employeed next year are burning up the incoming staffs freshmen redshirts. DB needs to step in and stop letting these guys burn the future of the programs players eligibility, for a season that’s a lost cause *rant over” good luck this weekend boys

Reaction Score
Would anyone like to place a wager once this kid plays a difficult team like Jack Zergiotis and Steven Krajewski did you guys turn on him as fast as you called him a savior. He had a decent half against army’s back ups. He was unsuccessful against the starting defense. Steven Krajewski against Purdue put the team in scoring position several times but the team not him were un successful due to dropped passes two of which would of landed the team inside the 5 yard line. When the score was close. Running backs that couldn’t pick up more than 2 yards rushing per attempt (he led the team in rushing) was not sacked and escaped loss of yards numerous times. Even though there were incompletions due to pressure and being hit as he threw. Also compare apples to apples what was TPs first half stats against army compared to sks first half stats against Purdue. It’s crazy the kid played pretty decent against our hardest opponent to date and gets the rug pulled from underneath him for a decent half against a weaker teams backups.

now on to Jack Zergiotis. Through his 12 games as the starting qb, it has been a roller coaster. He goes from having good games against Illinois ECUand umass and everyone thought he was the savior to the program. Come this year has a few off games everyone turns on him. Idk how these kids come and play week after week and keep they’re mental state in point. Also has anyone found it weird that these coaches who won’t be employeed next year are burning up the incoming staffs freshmen redshirts. DB needs to step in and stop letting these guys burn the future of the programs players eligibility, for a season that’s a lost cause *rant over” good luck this weekend boys

I realize you are pulling for Steven Krajewski, so am I, but Tyler is clearly worthy of the praise and positivity. He’s a dynamic, almost electric personality. From his dancing and head bobbing to the music during warmups, to the scrambling, rushing and throws on the run, the kid is filled with confidence, energy and excitement.

Steve has loads of potential, but I can’t honestly see replacing Tyler with him at this point. You have to let Tyler have another shot to show what he can do after last week. Steve got hurt and he lost his spot, that’s football. He couldn’t play Saturday so Tyler did, we can’t regret that Tyler Phommachanh looked pretty darn good. Steve will get another shot. This OL doesn’t make for healthy QBs.

We are fans of the team, not one player. That’s the difference. We want to win and we don’t care who gets us there. You are a Steve fan.

Reaction Score
I believe the Oline is taking shape, Nyadu-Ofori should be an upgrade over Niedrowski and Fortin has done well replacing Walker. Expect the RBs to have their best game of the season albeit it's a low bar.

Defensively, if Fortt can go on Saturday that'll be the first week no starter is inactive. Quay Evans and Malik Dixon were bright spots last week, hopefully it carries over and somebody like Eric Watts can start to find a groove. With that said and the offense poised to at least not be shut out, I'm expecting the defense to hold together longer than 3 possessions and envision at least 1 turnover.

Reaction Score
I believe the Oline is taking shape, Nyadu-Ofori should be an upgrade over Niedrowski and Fortin has done well replacing Walker. Expect the RBs to have their best game of the season albeit it's a low bar.

Defensively, if Fortt can go on Saturday that'll be the first week no starter is inactive. Quay Evans and Malik Dixon were bright spots last week, hopefully it carries over and somebody like Eric Watts can start to find a groove. With that said and the offense poised to at least not be shut out, I'm expecting the defense to hold together longer than 3 possessions and envision at least 1 turnover.
I don’t disagree, but we are really young and we have to play Clemson, UCF and Houston still. Even Vandy will be big and more than challenging for us. I think we have some really nice players and a roster that can win over the next 2-3 seasons, but they need to develop first.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree, we just don't have a say.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Agree Steven Krajewski got screwed by RE and is better than Jack Zergiotis. I believe there is a spot for Steven Krajewski at UConn. Unfortunately he got banged up a bit and there's always the risk of next man up seizing the opportunity.

As for Tyler Phommachanh, he played well and will get another opportunity. He's a true frosh and I expect him to struggle. I am less concerned with his struggle than I will be about how he recovers from adversity.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score

I don't think your portrayal of people here "turning on" any QB is very fair. Yes, there was an outcry to get Steven Krajewski into games when Jack Zergiotis was obviously struggling. Look at the posts and the positivity of this place around Steve getting the start and doing pretty well...yes, the drops sucked. Yes, the OL is atrocious and he didn't have any time to get plays going.
But having Tyler Phommachanh get in last week wasn't the doing of anybody here. We, more than just about any fan base, have watched coaching decisions that often seem to make no sense at all. With Steve injured (albeit reportedly minor, and him being willing to go at game time) it was time to give Tyler a shot. He made the best of it, and it seems like a good decision, at least for now. Nobody is saying he's the "savior to the program," but his mobility made our OL look just a bit better. Maybe he's the best fit for what we have up front, maybe not. Time will tell.
Please don't let your support of Steve blind you from the truth that it's the coaches' collective decision (and maybe only the HC) when it comes to naming a starter. Not ours. As far as "turning on" Jack, you were OK with it when it meant Steve got his start.
I hope Steve gets to show his stuff here...but right now it's Tyler's turn to give it what he's got. Just support the team, not just your guy....that's what a fan does.

Reaction Score

You make some valid performance observations. Don’t worry about redshirts. The team is still way too young unfortunately. Shows that many transfer anyways.There will be other QBs here in the upcoming years.

Reaction Score
When he has to play the full game against the first team he will be a freshman player over his head. Maybe see Steven Krajewski

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Both Steven Krajewski or Tyler Phommachanh looked better than Jack Zergiotis. For the time being, I think you ride the hot hand and that is Tyler. The kid is electric and has a good leadership vibe about him. For what it’s worth his redshirt hasn’t been burned yet. If it looks like he’s overwhelmed, don’t play him over four games.

Reaction Score
Once upon a time, there was a freshman qb who was buried at 4th string on the depth chart of the Thunderchickens to the NE of us. When given the opportunity, Doug Flutie never looked back.
Once upon a time, the UConn Huskies had a freshman qb that was 2nd or 3rd on the depth chart behind an eventual dynamic pass catcher. How did Dan O. turn out?
There are numerous instances throughout college football where newcomers wait their turn & grab the brass ring when their number is called.
It is up to the coaching staff to field the best players in order to give the team the maximum chance of winning a game. There are multiple reasons for playing so many underclassmen.
-If FHCRE's recruiting philosophy is true, the underclassmen are an improvement over their upper class counterparts.
-Playing the best at each position improves the likelihood of victory
-The best way for any of the current staff to improve their resumes is to identify the best players, insert them into the lineup, & coach them to the best of their abilities.
-Having actual game tape of those who played will help the future HC identify needs in his recruiting philosophy, which players to target via the transfer portal & juco ranks, & those who won''t be asked to return next season.

I have no qualms about which player is competing as long as he is an improvement over his predecessor. What I can tell you is that, as he became acclimated to actual playing time, Tyler P. ignited a spark to the offense. Be it his ability, Mazzone's implementations to the playcalling, or a combination of both, there was actually a major improvement in cohesiveness as the game went along.
Tyler deserves to start again. Hopefully the coaching staff has caught lightning in a bottle.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The new coaching staff coming in will have their own opinion on what a D1 QB is. I would be shocked if next years QB is currently on the roster.

I wouldn't be shocked but I would be very surprised if the new head coach doesn't go to the transfer portal or JC route to find another QB to challenge Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh.

Reaction Score
Not to hijack this thread, but just curious. Does anyone know how that Canadian QB who was recruited 2-3 years ago, got injured, & transferred to a Canadian school is doing? Did he fully recover from his injury & is he getting any playing time?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I met Flutie a few years after he graduated. It was at a BC basketball game ( I was in Boston on business for a week and took in BC vs PC.) He was sitting in front of me and we had a brief conversation. Super nice guy. And if he’s even 5’8” then I’m 6’2”. Im 5’11. What he could do at his size is impressive.

Reaction Score
Not to hijack this thread, but just curious. Does anyone know how that Canadian QB who was recruited 2-3 years ago, got injured, & transferred to a Canadian school is doing? Did he fully recover from his injury & is he getting any playing time?
Senecal is 72-112 for 911 yds and 5 TDs after 3 games in his first season.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked but I would be very surprised if the new head coach doesn't go to the transfer portal or JC route to find another QB to challenge Steven Krajewski and Tyler Phommachanh.
Edsall should have been doing this all along. Not sure why he was not.

Reaction Score
Steven Krajewski showed promise and I think he can really be a good QB. Tyler Phommachanh showed he can make plays with his feet which adds an additional dimension to the offense. I think either at this point will give us a chance to make plays in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom