2021 Recruiting: - Tyler Harris to transfer | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Tyler Harris to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
do we want Tyler Harris?
He did stand out to me at that Memphis game. He drained enough 3s early that I felt the need to google him during a time out (I had no idea who he was before that game). Doesn’t really fit what we’re looking for personnel wise but it’s hard to say no to a 3pt shooter like that. I’ll take him over a tall empty player but not an impact big.

Reaction Score
Not sure we need a 5'9 150lb PG. You have to be a dynamite scorer at that size, and he never stuck out to me.
Even worse, he's a 5'9 150 shooting guard. Lomax and Baugh shared PG duties.

All he can do is shoot threes and his shot selection is not very good. Next.

Reaction Score
To the person that made a new thread out of my post - it was more about Landers Nolley than Tyler Harris, which is why it went into the Landers Nolley thread.

Reaction Score
Not a huge blow to Memphis, Harris had good range but is more than replaceable by Boogie Ellis and lomax.

Hoping Memphis gets Nolley. I’ve been rooting for penny since day 1! He and his team really got screwed over last year by the NCAA/Kentucky with wiseman, but love to see him stealing recruits from Kentucky/duke

Reaction Score
Not a huge blow to Memphis, Harris had good range but is more than replaceable by Boogie Ellis and lomax.

Hoping Memphis gets Nolley. I’ve been rooting for penny since day 1! He and his team really got screwed over last year by the NCAA/Kentucky with wiseman, but love to see him stealing recruits from Kentucky/duke

How did he get screwed over? I mean if it's because the others didn't get penalized at all then I get what your point is but he paid a recruit to move with his family. Not quite sure if that's legal?

And while he's a decent guy his coaching for now leaves a little to be desired. Maybe he will get better but for now you're going to Memphis because he let's them play not because you're going to get educated on the game. Should be winning a lot more games with the rosters he's had for sure even without Wiseman.

Reaction Score
And while he's a decent guy his coaching for now leaves a little to be desired. Maybe he will get better but for now you're going to Memphis because he let's them play not because you're going to get educated on the game. Should be winning a lot more games with the rosters he's had for sure even without Wiseman.
When we played them in Hartford, it sure seemed like Mike Miller was running some of those late-game huddles. I’m not saying an assistant can’t draw up some plays. I do think his in-game coaching needs some work, though. Honestly, I’ve always liked Penny. Now that we’re out of the AAC, I have no reason to root against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom