2024 Recruiting: - Tyler Betsey | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Tyler Betsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Got an offer from Iowa. He's at St. Thomas More now and still looks to be growing...

FVi8Ed_WYAImCSE.jpeg

Reaction Score
Just an FYI I thought I'd share - So my brother helps out the Rens with their CT talent. Been doing it for years, picking them up traveling with them, etc. He let me know this kid loves UConn and he lives 20 minutes away but Hurley has yet to offer, however, has been in contact with hima few times. Said he grew 3 inches this year and is now 6'8. Had a great weekend and Syracuse offered.

He rarely gives me inside info as he is not a UConn fan, but he likes this kid alot so he was boasting.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI I thought I'd share - So my brother helps out the Rens with their CT talent. Been doing it for years, picking them up traveling with them, etc. He let me know this kid loves UConn and he lives 20 minutes away but Hurley has yet to offer, however, has been in contact with hima few times. Said he grew 3 inches this year and is now 6'8. Had a great weekend and Syracuse offered.

He rarely gives me inside info as he is not a UConn fan, but he likes this kid alot so he was boasting.
Is your friend from Waterbury?

Reaction Score
Stats from this weekend:

10.6 ppg
2.8 rpg
1.6 apg

0.8 TO
0.6 STL
0.2 Blk

41% fg
40% 3fg
69% ft

High volume 3 point shooter and making them at a stellar clip--6 attempts per game. Not much else to know without the tape. I wish I could have seen him this weekend.

Rens was also 5-0 this weekend so it isn't a scrub team either.

I'm sure the staff be keeping an eye on him. Hard not to love love a local shooter.

Reaction Score
Stats from this weekend:

10.6 ppg
2.8 rpg
1.6 apg

0.8 TO
0.6 STL
0.2 Blk

41% fg
40% 3fg
69% ft

High volume 3 point shooter and making them at a stellar clip--6 attempts per game. Not much else to know without the tape. I wish I could have seen him this weekend.

Rens was also 5-0 this weekend so it isn't a scrub team either.

I'm sure the staff be keeping an eye on him. Hard not to love love a local shooter.
He's a tall shooter at this stage. Not a great athlete but not unathletic, he plays good D with his length and moving his feet but he's just shooting and defense at this point. He needs to start putting it on the floor, his best basketball is ahead of him. He left Windsor and will be playing for St. Thomas More.

Windsor has another '24 kid via Waterbury named Johnny Pierce who recently got a Rutgers offer...

FXLIxVyX0AEgEA- (1).jpeg

Reaction Score
He's a tall shooter at this stage. Not a great athlete but not unathletic, he plays good D with his length and moving his feet but he's just shooting and defense at this point. He needs to start putting it on the floor, his best basketball is ahead of him. He left Windsor and will be playing for St. Thomas More.

Windsor has another '24 kid via Waterbury named Johnny Pierce who recently got a Rutgers offer...

View attachment 77509

I'm good with a 6'8 shooter that plays defense. I'm sure Tom will be watching him plenty this winter.

Reaction Score
Hopefully he'll start hearing more from UConn...

Pro Insight™️ on Twitter: "Scouting Notebook⏩ #2022EYBL ‘24 Tyler Betsey scored 20 points on 6-10 from deep today in a W over MoKan. Has some real wiggle and fluidity as a complement to the shooting. Says he’s hearing most from Penn State, Virginia, Iowa, & Rutgers. https://post original url/1RlYUGHitm" / Twitter

Reaction Score
This past high school season from the 4 Windsor games I went to this kid was impressive and has a ton of upside, still growing as well so that along with his skill set screams high major talent

Reaction Score
Betsey was 6-8 on threes in the Rens 16u semifinal win. I have to imagine UConn will be offering him really soon. That's two classes in a row a CT. kid is one of the best shooters in the country.

Dylan Harper is a great point guard and Qin Pang is really good. This Rens team is a great AAU team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom