Two Final Four questions | The Boneyard

Two Final Four questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I have two questions about Nashville.

1. Are there restrictions on the use of cameras, binoculars, etc? Who sets the rules for this - NCAA or the host arena? My brother still seethes over having to walk back to his car to return his camera at a game in Hartford.

2. Is there some secret code word or symbol for Boneyarders to recognize one another? Seriously, because I am in an outpost in Wisconsin, I've never met a fellow poster and hope to do so next weekend. How do you folks find each other amongst the masses?

Terrific weekend with our men's and women's teams both advancing, and yesterday I became a Grampysaurus for the first time. Sorry, just had to thrown that out there! :):)

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Part of the answer to #1 is "both", for example IIRC they don't sell alcohol at NCAA championship events.

At one of the Final Four's I was at, I distinctly remember binoculars being rented. I know that professional type cameras are always banned, but I don't know about the normal kind. I would imagine they would be hard to ban since folks can take photographs with their smart phones.

In any case, I think the answers to your first question can probably be found on the net.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I can only tell you what I have done both at NC games and the XL Center (total asshats when it comes to cameras.)
I shoot with what they affectionately call a "professional camera". That translates to detachable lenses.
When I go to the game I separate my lens from the body & 'smuggle' them in. I wear a coat or some kind of jacket & have the body strap over my neck with the body under my left arm - all concealed under the jacket. If I'm 'patted down they almost always just tap the jacket pockets. The lens is either carried in an interior jacket pocket or the wifey puts it in her bag. There is so much junk in there even if they see it they never said a word. The longest lens I bring is a 200mm f2.8. At the Gampel I've been known to bring my 300mm f2.8 - when our seats were further back :)

There is really not one valid reason for not allowing any type of camera in (when they already allow a ton of different types in) so long as you don't interfere with other fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom