Two Duke Players Arrested for DWI | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Two Duke Players Arrested for DWI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Question. K’s grandson was a walk on put on scholarship last year. Are you kidding me? Coach K has a net worth of 45 million and his annual salary is now 9.7 million. So his daughter needed to take scholarship money for coach’s grandkid? K should have paid that tuition for his daughter who BTW is an assistant athletic director at Duke as it is. Disgusting.

Reaction Score
They are just poor misguided lads. No reason to hold them responsible for anything. After all they are just youths.

Reaction Score
Question. K’s grandson was a walk on put on scholarship last year. Are you kidding me? Coach K has a net worth of 45 million and his annual salary is now 9.7 million. So his daughter needed to take scholarship money for coach’s grandkid? K should have paid that tuition for his daughter who BTW is an assistant athletic director at Duke as it is. Disgusting.
As the son of the assistant AD he can get up to 75% of his tuition covered, it seems odd if the move to a scholarship was purely financial

Reaction Score
As the son of the assistant AD he can get up to 75% of his tuition covered, it seems odd if the move to a scholarship was purely financial
Even if they didn’t need the scholarship for another kid who needed the help how does K reconcile that? Another reason we don’t know about for a scholarship vs non scholarship player?

Reaction Score
The article says aiding and abetting a DWI is charged to individuals who knowingly allow their vehicle to be operated by someone under the influence. That's different than simply getting in a car with a drunk driver.
Almost impossible to prove. I didn’t see him drink I had a couple drinks and gave him my keys.

Some people on here act like they’ve never left the house

Reaction Score
Thought?
He’s prob the favorite to win it after Timme

Ah, gotcha. I didn’t realize that was already the consensus sentiment, I haven’t had a chance to follow non-UConn related cbball stuff this off-season.

I was basing it off just watching him play a couple games. You can tell he’s just a special talent and I haven’t gotten that vibe from watching a player for the first time since KAT.

Reaction Score
Almost impossible to prove. I didn’t see him drink I had a couple drinks and gave him my keys.

Some people on here act like they’ve never left the house
So? Did I say anything about the difficulty of proving it?

Reaction Score
While nominally a scholarship player, the former walk-on may have driven the star’s car, because he was drunker or even as drunk. Walk-ons in pre Uber days were expected to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom