Tunes you digging right now | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

Reaction Score
Just kicking this off , have seen Tyler a handful of times but only recently starting listening to Colter Wall but man this is good:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Also know Van Morrison is controversial but man, some of his songs just blow me away

He was one of my favorites. I own 99% of his catalogue and have seen him live a dozen times or more. He was never known as the greatest guy but his Covid hoax crap really soured me on him for the time being. Freed up tons of space on my old 160 GB iPod though!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
New release from the Counting Crows that sounds like it could have been on August and Everything After; he’s a bit of freak himself but I still love this guy’s voice:

Reaction Score
New release from the Counting Crows that sounds like it could have been on August and Everything After; he’s a bit of freak himself but I still love this guy’s voice:

saw a photo of Adam Duritz recently and thought it was Adam Richman from man vs food

Reaction Score
I've heard a few songs from WFUV of the Wallflowers new album "Exit Wounds" that sound good, dont think anything is on youtube yet.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This is fairly recent. Features Tom Morello, so it doesn't quite sound like a typical Pretty Reckless song.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This isn't so recent but I only recently discovered them. I've liked pretty much everything I've heard from them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is really not recent, but another I only recently discovered. The singer really let's it rip, she doesn't hold anything back.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So there's a limitless supply of people putting cover videos up on You Tube. I know, it's cooler if you make your own songs. I really enjoy a handful of these cover artists though. And sometimes they take a song and make it into something entirely new. This original was a massive hit, I got tired of it after hearing it about twice. I absolutely love what they did to it here. The scream is perfect! And then there's the drummer. :rolleyes:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
So I have a different view.

I'm a professional musician. Since retirement from education, 33 years as a band director and department head, I have been playing in two bands. One is a 16 piece swing band/ jazz band. The other is a 9 piece backup band for 5 vocalists. After 13 months of no rehearsals and performances, we are back!! So here's what I'm digging and playing:

In the Mood - original arrangement
Moonlight Serenade - original arrangement
Satin Doll - Sammy Nestico arrangement as done by Count Basie orchestra
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Andrew Sisters arrangement. Yes, we have 3 ladies who can nail it!!
Rum and Coco-Cola - Andrew Sisters arrangement
Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree - Andrew Sisters arrangement
Apple Blossom Time - Andrew Sisters arrangement
The Days of Wine and Roses - Henry Mancini
Down Basie Street -

This is just a partial list of the new material we have.

BTW - we are all over 65!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So I have a different view.

I'm a professional musician. Since retirement from education, 33 years as a band director and department head, I have been playing in two bands. One is a 16 piece swing band/ jazz band. The other is a 9 piece backup band for 5 vocalists. After 13 months of no rehearsals and performances, we are back!! So here's what I'm digging and playing:

In the Mood - original arrangement
Moonlight Serenade - original arrangement
Satin Doll - Sammy Nestico arrangement as done by Count Basie orchestra
Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - Andrew Sisters arrangement. Yes, we have 3 ladies who can nail it!!
Rum and Coco-Cola - Andrew Sisters arrangement
Don't Sit Under the Apple Tree - Andrew Sisters arrangement
Apple Blossom Time - Andrew Sisters arrangement
The Days of Wine and Roses - Henry Mancini
Down Basie Street -

This is just a partial list of the new material we have.

BTW - we are all over 65!!!
Nice!

What do you think of these guys (and gals)?

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Nice!

They are really good!!!

I've got a friend who has a uke band in the community. They do similar music.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Nice!

barf. taste is personal, but that's just, well, idk. the tune is aboot guys sexin on the ladies. now here's a redo of the tune where the ladies are sexin on the blokes. u see any sexin goin on in that tiny tim redoodoo? i don't. and u sure as heck can't dance to it.

Reaction Score
This is a cover of my favorite David Bowie song by a Norwegian singer named, Aurora. There are a couple of versions of her doing this on Youtube, but this one is from a visit to the Howard Stern show.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
whelp, since i've been workin on the beard, i've been digging the tres hombres.
tune so dang good, it doesn't really need words, and they end after the first minute. still, no one seems to know them! lol.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
as always, lots of disco.
'it was sooooo entertaining, when the boogie started to flow,
i heard sumbody say ...'

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
St. Vincent's new album is interesting in a spacy Floyd way.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ya know, since the 1880s ('ragtime'), it's almost like each decade had it's own sound. luv them all. 14 decades, and counting, of 'murican music! we rock.
always diggin on 1980s beats, but what's an mtv? lol.

100 million hits, so some 'aged out offensive language' is just that -aged out.
i think some folks call this dad music? whatever, still freakin awesome riffs.

and don't even fibberjab 'but clifster, they're brits!' 'Dire Straits' sound draws from various influences including country, folk, the blues rock of J. J. Cale, and jazz.' wiki. moar like 'Dire Straits' sound draws from various influences including country (US), folk (mostly US) , the blues rock of J. J. Cale (US), and jazz (US). heck, they even say 'what's that, hawaiian noises?'

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is a cover of my favorite David Bowie song by a Norwegian singer named, Aurora. There are a couple of versions of her doing this on Youtube, but this one is from a visit to the Howard Stern show.

Thanks. That was great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom