Tunes you digging right now | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I have their new album on pre-order and the third track just dropped a few days ago. Really love this pairing (their first album, Raising Sand, was awesome and I still listen to it frequently):

I've been streaming it on Hoopla. Some really good songs on there.

Reaction Score
Nice Cliffy, listened to Wings Over America a few weeks back. Listening to these guys lately.

My Morning Jacket, very good album.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Mesmerizing. Possibly album of the year for me.
Now I'm streaming "Raising Sand (2007)." Probably not quite as good, but some quality tunes on that album as well.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now I'm streaming "Raising Sand (2007)." Probably not quite as good, but some quality tunes on that album as well.
Loved that one. It won Album of the Year for both the Grammys and the Americana Music Awards. I saw them live at Jazz Fest in 2008 and they were great.

But yes, the new one may be even better.

Reaction Score
I've been streaming it on Hoopla. Some really good songs on there.

Mesmerizing. Possibly album of the year for me.
Just want to say thank you for your posts on this album. (made me curious) I have kinda lost touch with RP stuff since the Fate Of Nations album and Alison Krauss since New Favorite with her bluegrass band.
Just finished listing to their new album Raise The Roof with the headphones on, great stuff!

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this. new(er) music. outstanding gem.

iffn u see a couple of chevey suv's rolling up 9 to Hartford, with peoples arms pumping the beat, well, u'll know that they're heading for the game, and listening to this.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
digging right now? more like not digging, right now. people, animals, sketchy weather, holiday shopping. where's that lyft drone personal cabbie that the tv's always yakking aboot.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
this. new(er) music. outstanding gem.

iffn u see a couple of chevey suv's rolling up 9 to Hartford, with peoples arms pumping the beat, well, u'll know that they're heading for the game, and listening to this.

i knew it! i knew it, i knew it, i knew it. i knew it!
this crankin, daft, and 'running' beat is great (and new to me).
sum kind of 'biometric' person, whose whole shtick for exercise efficiency advice, for running (forget that. lol), is to tie movement to either/and beats per minute, and steps per minute. a worthy goal, tho highly unsustainable methinks. anyway,
160 spm on the charts! and, on this massive chart, one of the relatively few tunes with thumbs up.
there's a lotta knuckleheads today, badmouthing the whole team (fire everyone! trade everyone!), so when the time comes, uhh, let's just say that the time will come to
Hang Them High

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
lots o this around here lately

and this!
d46fc433d88bc10747eda71b4dd9faf6.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
meh, twas ever thus. snafu.
sooo, wake up! fall outta bed! drag that comb across ur head!

gonna go an have a smoke now. the marlboro kind. lol. and then,
try again!

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's that time of year for "best songs of the year" lists. And for what feels like the first time in a long time, I think there was a lot of really good music released this year. Seems guitar is back at least a little. Strong year for R&B, soul and blues. Less Billie Eilsih and Ed Sheeran morose pap, more rock you can actually dance to. Even some dinosaurs did good work: Sting, Tears for Fears, Jackson Browne, Plant/Krause, Vedder.

Some of my favorites from 2021: Amethyst Kiah (Black Myself), Kingfish Ingram (622), Neal Frances (Can't Stop the Rain), Jon Baptiste (I Need You), The War on Drugs (I Don't Live Here Anymore), The Hold Steady (Family Farm), Middle Kids (Questions), Modest Mouse (We Are Between), Gang of Youths (Angel of 8th Ave)... there's a lot more.

And then there's Galaticana by Strand of Oaks - known for 12 minute trippy epics with great harmonies and guitar work, but who haven't sniffed much of anything radio-friendly. Until this year. Three guitars and a drummer can still get it done...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I remember hearing the name Juliana Hatfield during the 90s, but never really checked her out. This song has been popping up on one of my Pandora stations. Definitely digging it.

Reaction Score
It’s become a yearly New Years’ eve tradition: Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan during dinner.

Reaction Score
Just want to say thank you for your posts on this album. (made me curious) I have kinda lost touch with RP stuff since the Fate Of Nations album and Alison Krauss since New Favorite with her bluegrass band.
Just finished listing to their new album Raise The Roof with the headphones on, great stuff!
Got tickets to see them in Queens in early June. It’ll be my first time seeing Robert Plant live and I can’t wait!

Reaction Score
Got tickets to see them in Queens in early June. It’ll be my first time seeing Robert Plant live and I can’t wait!
That should be a very interesting show. Obviously they will play songs from their albums but what will be intriguing is what songs they will select from Plants past (Zeppelin and solo) and covers. Saw Robert Plant on his Manic Nirvana tour and it was outstanding, his voice was spot on. Should be a memorable night of music.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That should be a very interesting show. Obviously they will play songs from their albums but what will be intriguing is what songs they will select from Plants past (Zeppelin and solo) and covers. Saw Robert Plant on his Manic Nirvana tour and it was outstanding, his voice was spot on. Should be a memorable night of music.
This is the setlist from when I saw them together at Jazz Fest in 2008:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Not so much a tune, but a new Beato showed up in my feed with the clickbait title "The greatest guitar solo you can't hear". Turns out it was from a guy I can't stand listening to - Christopher Cross. But apparently he's a damned good guitarist. And his first album is full of Larry Coryell, Eric Johnson and others. I had no idea. I thought it was soft rock/AOR pablum.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom