Tunes you digging right now | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

Reaction Score
Despite their relative critical acclaim, The 1975 are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine. No one I know likes them save for a former bandmate who runs a music studio and the music his current band makes leans pop.

They released their newest album last week and yet again, Matty Healy is so consistent as a pop songwriter and I just like their formula a lot. Great rhythm section.

This is my favorite track of the new album and it's a very well made music video that features Phoebe Bridgers, who's a ray of sunshine in the video's outro.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I heard a song this morning on our local public radio and got pissed off. Not at the song, but at my music subscriptions for never introducing me even though the band has been around for seven years. Went to YT when I got home and am playing every video they've got. Aussie soul that is so in my kitchen it's hard to believe even the worst algorithm would miss these guys. I imagine @8893 has been all over them for years.

Never heard of them before, but I love the sound.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Angel Olsen has a classic country sound, and this duet with Sturgill Simpson sounds like an instant classic:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Revisited an old favorite as I needed a pick me up from the happiest damned band in the world. The essence of positive-vibe cacaphony.

Given the track's name, I'd love to one day hear UConn's marching band give it a rip at the Rent.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
How about this, an entire album? Stevie Wonder's "Talking Book"? There a great article about it in today's NY Times (unfortunately, hard paywall)

Great quote from Macy Gray “The album is like ‘Goodfellas.’ Every time you watch it, you see something different, you know?”

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
one of the biggest must play tunes at a halloween party. weird that he passed at around that time.

apparently, famous musicians should be smarter and take less baths, since many seem to die in the tub.
rip dude, u made untold millions smile and have fun.
every body, yeah, rock your body, yeah ....

Reaction Score
Doyle Bramhall II

Speaking of Doyle.... my buddy that I see a ton of shows with here in CT, NY and MA is traveling to Texas on business this week and scored a ticket for Arc Angels at the historic Gruene Hall in New Braunfels. Arc Angels off and on 2022 "reunion" tour has consisted entirely of shows in TX.

Reaction Score
Not a new song, but a favorite of mine from one of my favorite artists, D'Angelo.

I notice I listen to a lot more D'Angelo when it gets darker...the groove and swing just sits better when the days are shorter.

This song sounds great on all speakers, but I especially love it out of the speakers of my '09 Corolla. Nice a nice, warm mid-lowish sound from those speakers.

Reaction Score
From the best live band out there right now IMHO, Tedeschi Trucks Band. One tune from their four album cycle they released over several months this year. An amazingly tight band lead by Susan's soulful voice and Derek's sublime slide guitar work.

Reaction Score
I came across this cool cover of Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner by AnnenMayKantereit. Judging by the 83 million times the video has been watched, others may already be familiar with it.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
all our teams winning all over the place.
people, gettin loose.
gettin down, on the roof.
the sparks were flaming,
outta control.
it was so entertaining,
when the boogie started to flow.

Reaction Score
I saw a two piece band called Muddy Ruckus opening up for Start making Sense (a Talking Heads tribute band). They made a lot of noise for two people. Halcyon was by far my favorite song and a few other songs are making their way into my Spotify play lists.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
another one bites the dust, proving that life is fatal. sheesh.

one of my all time fav vids. pure energy - kiss my grits!

rip to another great one. i think that she was the only one to ever perform two oscar nominated tunes at the same award show.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

'Scot(t) is every where, he's watching,
tells me all is well!'

who is scott? did he mean the scots? im going with "Scott" on that guess for the lyric,,,lol.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i'll bet that scott is fellow member of the Union of Hosepipe Drinkers, and sings the union anthem: Answer to the Big Question

Reaction Score
Across her career, Taylor Swift has been a musician I've respected more than actually liked. A lot of my students love her music, I think she's talented and she's also a decent role model for 12-14 year old girls.

That being said, her new album Midnights has been on my radar because I like talking music with my students. I've been giving it multiple listens over the last few weeks and it's probably my favorite collection of her work, maybe ever.

Kinda odd, quirky pop songs with minimal production...almost dreamlike. Major props to Jack Antonoff for his production.

Anywho, here's a track I've been into lately. It features Lana Del Rey, but the way it's produced, it's hard to tell who's singing when, which is something I like on duets. Kinda a blur. Vaguely holiday music sounding too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom