Tunes you digging right now | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

Reaction Score
New Tedeschi Trucks Band album out today, part one of four upcoming releases. Digging this very old school, ABB-sounding jam; reminds me more of the types of jams Derek used to play more frequently with DTB, pre=TTB:

Nice! Just saw that this morning on my YT music new release. Great to know it has the ABB sound. Thanks for the input.

Reaction Score
That was so spot on @8893 On the ABB sound. Throughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the other albums to come out. Will have to go and see them when they tour..

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That was so spot on @8893 On the ABB sound. Throughly enjoyed it and can't wait for the other albums to come out. Will have to go and see them when they tour..
I’ve listened to it more than a half dozen times already. I love it. People aren’t doing songs like this anymore.

Reaction Score
I’ve listened to it more than a half dozen times already. I love it. People aren’t doing songs like this anymore.
Absolutely agree! And I'm on my 3rd go around listening to it. I miss ABB immensely and this takes care of part of that void.

Reaction Score
New Tedeschi Trucks Band album out today, part one of four upcoming releases. Digging this very old school, ABB-sounding jam; reminds me more of the types of jams Derek used to play more frequently with DTB, pre=TTB:

I just started listening but man, wish it was longer than 5 tracks. Really enjoy it, thanks for the head's up.

Reaction Score

I discovered DOMi and JD Beck on Instagram probably over the winter and they've been blowing up in the jazz scene over the last few months. Exceptionally talented at face value but then especially for their age (I think both are still in their teens).

Trance-like jazz isn't really my thing, but I get totally captivated by their ability to play so fast, yet look to placid when they play live.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm typing this, but Lizzo's "About Damn Time", probably because it gave me nostalgia for 1977 and the height of disco (and I really didn't like disco at the time, but it's better than today's paint-by-number-algorithm music). This song would've fit right in with Summer and Houston and Branigan. The beat, the guitars, the woodwinds sound, it's all there. If my knees could take it, I might even Hustle, lol.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can't believe I'm typing this, but Lizzo's "About Damn Time", probably because it gave me nostalgia for 1977 and the height of disco (and I really didn't like disco at the time, but it's better than today's paint-by-number-algorithm music). This song would've fit right in with Summer and Houston and Branigan. The beat, the guitars, the woodwinds sound, it's all there. If my knees could take it, I might even Hustle, lol.

The whole album is quite good.

Reaction Score
A Texas band I learned about in Phoebe Bridgers' Sirius XM radio show. Simple, sweet indie rock songs.

For the studioheads out there, some really interesting compression tricks on this album without sounding overly produced.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A dreamy number from a kid who, 15 years ago, was a nobody who performed solo at our coffeehouse for $20, and is now touring Europe.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This singer has plenty of originals, but she's on a recent kick of doing covers of 80s pop songs and making them more rockin' and doing the cool rotoscoping for the videos. The other song was "Running Up That Hill," here's her take on a Madonna song.

Reaction Score
If Marcus King plays a show with Tedeschi Trucks Band, i'll go wherever that is.
That's how I got into marcus king. He opened for TTB at the Meadows 4 years ago. Seen him solo the few times he's come to southern new England since then.

Reaction Score
That's how I got into marcus king. He opened for TTB at the Meadows 4 years ago. Seen him solo the few times he's come to southern new England since then.
He's playing with Phil Lesh and friends in a week or so, think those shows are all sold out

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I heard a song this morning on our local public radio and got pissed off. Not at the song, but at my music subscriptions for never introducing me even though the band has been around for seven years. Went to YT when I got home and am playing every video they've got. Aussie soul that is so in my kitchen it's hard to believe even the worst algorithm would miss these guys. I imagine @8893 has been all over them for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom