surf's up
Reaction Score
ma, tell me when the boys get here!

get about as oiled as a diesel train,
gonna set this dance alight!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I mentioned Ringo's All Starr band in the old fogey concert thread. I've watched a bunch of their live shows on YT and I'd say they've sucked since 2000 (although Edgar Winter doing Frankenstein in post-2000 shows is worth a listen). Biggest surprise was how good and versatile Dave Edmunds was on guitar during the 2000 tour - I'd written him off as a rockabilly guy, but damn he can play. He was doing Cream hits with Jack Bruce and holding his own (even better than Todd Rundgren did on the 1999 tour).

Jack Bruce did three tours with Ringo, two of which also featured Gary Brooker. And one of which also featured Frampton - and for my money, that was the best of all the All Starr lineups. I've never seen two guys who've never played together before have so much fun. There are several Bruce/Frampton moments in the show, but none better than the 10 minutes or so of this clip (ending of DYFLID and all of White Room).

They just don't make concerts like that anymore. Jack is gone. Gary is gone. Peter can no longer play. Ringo is still going at 81 but running out of playmates who actually rock.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just got an email this morning that The Analogues are releasing a CD of their own music. After 8 years of breaking down and performing the studio-only Beatles stuff and being very successful at it, I'd assume whatever they came up with on their own would obviously have heavy Beatles influences. And some of it does. But some not so much based on the small samples they offered up on their website. Regardless, a CD I'll be looking forward to when it comes out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
They've been around for a while, but I've only discovered them recently. It twangs, but it rocks too.

Reaction Score
always enjoyed this song. Haven't really listened to anything else by them, if its similar to this vibe?

The whole Moon Safari album is worth a listen - some songs a little faster, most with the same chill - like:

Reaction Score
New Wilco, from upcoming double album Cruel Country. I like. Reminds me a bit of the Byrds or Flying Burrito Brothers.

I definitely get the Flying Burrito Bros. Vibe from that song. Nice!

Reaction Score
New Wilco, from upcoming double album Cruel Country. I like. Reminds me a bit of the Byrds or Flying Burrito Brothers.

the last few wilco/Jeff Tweedy albums have been pretty boring/monotone but hoping this is different (sounds like it)

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
I seem to be doing everything with music on, from grandpa daycare, to yard work, to replacing a tractor engine, often background while reading, of course driving (nice weather when alone windows down playing loud). I find Pandora stations a plus, from Led Zeppelin, Journey, Boston, today Heart, George Strait, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Chris LeDoux, Melody Gardot, Ray LaMontagne, CCR, Jimmie Rodgers, plus Whatever pops that moment.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Alison Krauss has done 2 albums with Robert Plant. Now she's guest appearing on 2 tracks on Def Leppard's new album. Gotta say their sound has evolved a lot, don't sound anything like 80s era.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom