Tunes you digging right now | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Tunes you digging right now

Reaction Score
I'm back at school: Most stuff middle school kids listen to is junk, but I can't not like the new Olivia Rodrigo song. Shades of The Breeders and other 90s alt-rock...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know this is sappy soft rock, but I had a "Best of Bread" 8-Track as a kid when I got my parents old stereo. Heard this today in the car. First time I realized it was about David Gates' dad, put it in a new light. Especially after visiting my parents last weekend. Beautiful song.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you're missing Tom Petty, here is his guitarist.

Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs - Reckless Abandon

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
A 60 year old tape of The Beatles playing at an all-boys school (meaning: no screaming) and giving a full hour's concert has just surfaced. The sound was done offline, so George's guitar is prominent, while the band's voices are barely audible. Still, it feels like an important bit of history, with the band killing a number of R&B classics as well as their first handful of self-penned numbers.

Interesting backstory on this. It exists only because Brian Epstein was a manager true to his word.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I was in a strange mood wanting to revisit Flo & Eddie's "Moving Targets" album, during which their sped-up version of "Elenore" was included. So I sought out the original, figuring I'd only find the recorded single or album cut, or a lip-synch version on some variety show. But then I found this - an actual live performance that's spectacular for both the harmonies and Jim Barbata simply having the time of his life on the kit. There's a short intro where Howard Kaylan gives a condensed version of the band's struggles with the label, leading to Kaylan writing "Elenore" as a joke. After he heard the completed single, he acknowledge that the production (which included a theramin and instruments not used on this live version) was incredible, and even though nobody got the joke, it resulted in 2:20 of pop perfection.

Reaction Score
My music taste is all over the place, but driving around the Hartford Marathon last weekend inspired me to go back to ****** Up’s catalog.

Ramones drive, Interpol guitar play, warm tone, love the interplay between the different vocal styles.

I’m sharing this live version from a showcase: crowd is mostly dead but the band delivers. Just rewatched in the gym parking lot…I’m warned up and ready to go!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
A great station to listen to 24/7/365.
For people in metro NY, I should have posted this earlier, but you may like my friend Dave's band. He's a regular in NOLA as well. Recently playing with Bo Dollis Jr and the Wild Magnolias at Jazz Fest.

1707855555621.png

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
For people in metro NY, I should have posted this earlier, but you may like my friend Dave's band. He's a regular in NOLA as well. Recently playing with Bo Dollis Jr and the Wild Magnolias at Jazz Fest.

View attachment 96391
CJ Chenier was at Milestones in Redding last night (Luni Gras) and is at Milestones in Mystic tomorrow night (Ash Wednesday). Funky how this is a time of year no one in NOLA reallt cares about seeing their legendary hometown music live, and the players can make more money on the road....Reminds me of Fat Tuesday 2004, went to see the Huskies beat the Johnnies @ MSG (bought tickets at the box office on game day, sat behind the UConn bench with Charlie Tunas mother), then saw Dr John at BB Kings on. 42nd Street

Reaction Score
It's crunch time here at school with Spring Break approaching in two weeks. Cranking out grading, Adrianne Lenker's solo album (Big Thief) popped up in my shuffle and I was re-reminded of her singular talent.

The song "Anything" is my favorite of hers - motion like waves, leaves moving. Here's a live cut: if you're a fan, the album is similar - minimal production.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to some good Peruvian food followed by Marcus King at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester next weekend. Loved this guy's stuff since being introduced to him six years ago when he opened for Tedeschi Trucks at the Meadows. His style has progressed from southern soul and blues to more edgier rock as he's worked with Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys. An amazing guitarist.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Looking forward to some good Peruvian food followed by Marcus King at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester next weekend. Loved this guy's stuff since being introduced to him six years ago when he opened for Tedeschi Trucks at the Meadows. His style has progressed from southern soul and blues to more edgier rock as he's worked with Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys. An amazing guitarist.

Cool, thanks for this. And really miss some good Peruvian food. Worked @ 777 West Putnam Ave. for a dozen+ years, and Port Chester was where to go for lunch.

Reaction Score
Cool, thanks for this. And really miss some good Peruvian food. Worked @ 777 West Putnam Ave. for a dozen+ years, and Port Chester was where to go for lunch.
The Peruvian place is called Panka in Port Chester. We've pretty much done mexican before shows at the Cap. This will be fun. I hear good things.

Reaction Score
I hope that kid breaks those boards - but in the mean time enjoy:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom