OT: - Tulsa Destroys Memphis 80-40! | The Boneyard

OT: Tulsa Destroys Memphis 80-40!

Reaction Score
That is a shocker. Tulsa is now 5-1 in the AAC and probably the best team in the league based on their resume alone. They beat Houston already, and now Memphis. Now, we play the top 2 teams in the AAC back to back with Houston on Thursday, and Tulsa in Hartford Sunday.

Reaction Score
yet somehow they lost to UT Arlington which i had never heard of until tonight

Reaction Score
I saw the Tulsa vs. Tulane game this weekend and Tulsa has 3 super athletes on their team. That team can get after it. Tulane gym is small and I was sitting in the 1st row under the basket. Tulsa had very precise passing, good and strong cuts on offense, strong hands and grab the ball on rebounds (like Caron). This Tulsa game will be a real test as to how mentally and physically tough Hurley has gotten UConn.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I have some bets on semi-longshots to win the big dance this year, and what a year for upsets!

Reaction Score
It looks like they've been extremely lucky with opponents 3p% so far and their opponents have shot a LOT of 3s. I don't know about college, but in the NBA opponent 3p FG% is one of the most random stats there is (meaning it seems to be determined more by luck than skill). It will be interesting to see what happens when they experience a regression there.

Reaction Score
It looks like they've been extremely lucky with opponents 3p% so far and their opponents have shot a LOT of 3s. I don't know about college, but in the NBA opponent 3p FG% is one of the most random stats there is (meaning it seems to be determined more by luck than skill). It will be interesting to see what happens when they experience a regression there.
So you're saying a team's defense has nothing to do with how well or badly its opponents shoot the three?

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Great.
I just bought 14 tickets to this Sunday's game for a group of us to attend for my son's 14th birthday.

Reaction Score
Ken Pomeroy should tell all the coaches so they don't spend any time working on defending 3 pointers.

It's not Ken Pomeroy - it's just about every single statistical analysis. The reason being that most 3 point attempts are already open. This is why opponent 3p attempt % is a better measure of 3p defense than opponent 3p FG%. Tulsa allows more 3p attempts than 340 other teams in D1, they have just been extraordinarily lucky.

If you have any data refuting all of the above evidence, please feel free to provide it.

Reaction Score
It’s not a big name like Towns, but Jeriah Horne played his freshman year at Nebraska while Hunter was there, transferred to Tulsa, and will be eligible to grad transfer this year. I think he’d be a great addition.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I remember when

Reaction Score
L=5G <( 5G + Z)
G = Guys
Z= Zebras
L = Loss

1579826831368.gif

Reaction Score
yet somehow they lost to UT Arlington which i had never heard of until tonight
I can shed some light here for you. UTA has made the tourney before and its a good sized school in Arlington, TX which is in between Dallas and Fort Worth. A friend of mine graduated from there. Not a juggernaut but they have some stick from time to time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Ken Pomeroy should tell all the coaches so they don't spend any time working on defending 3 pointers.

It certainly has an impact on good shooters but we’ve seen guys who would shoot 25% alone in a gym in practice go crazy on us. There’s a fair amount of luck or being “in the zone” as Jordan talked about. I’m in favor of knocking any guy who’s made two in a row to the floor. Hard. Disrupt that rhythm. But that’s a little old school.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom