OT:. TTB at Westville Bowl | The Boneyard

OT:. TTB at Westville Bowl

Reaction Score
First time at this venue... I'll be there with three buddies. Teaming TTB with Los Lobos was a great decision. Got parking "reservations" in Lot A for $33. I hear food and beer prices are pretty crazy too. We were at Hartford healthcare amphitheater last week for Phil Lesh & friends so got through the sticker shock.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Sorry to miss it. Love the band and love the venue, but we are away on vacation this week.

I have lots of friends heading to the show tonight, and actually just gave my neighborhood parking pass to one who was leaving our vacation house to head to the show.

My assistant lives in the neighborhood and she gave me her extra parking pass, so I have never had to deal with the parking lot traffic or prices. We usually do a nice meal beforehand at either Camacho Garage or Shell & Bones, figuring that we might as well spend our money at places with better food and drink. That will prep you for the drink prices at the venue, too.

NEBCO is also a good pregame option.

I will be there for Wilco in August.

Reaction Score
What a start!

Attachments

• FF03ADEA-0112-4FB0-AAB0-D921560DECFA.jpeg
    FF03ADEA-0112-4FB0-AAB0-D921560DECFA.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 103
Reaction Score
Absolutely. For me that was the highlight of the show. Similarly, 3 years ago Sugaree was the highlight of the show.
I enjoyed the whole set, and the new album sounded fantastic live. Still, “Bell Bottom Blues” and “Why Does Love To Be So Sad?” were particularly awesome to see early in the set.

It’s such a great venue, too. There isn’t a bad seat, and the sound is excellent.

Reaction Score
I felt bad for Los Lobos. A tight, top notch band, missing Cesar Rosas up front for some reason. People weren't there to see them. But their version of "bertha" got a good response.

About TTB.... If there's a better slide guitarist in the world than Derek Trucks, I don't know who that would be. Amazing. And I love how every one if the 12 band members get their time to shine right down to the funky trombone at the end. I've seen this band 5 times now. All at different venues. The sound last night was great.

Reaction Score
I felt bad for Los Lobos. A tight, top notch band, missing Cesar Rosas up front for some reason. People weren't there to see them. But their version of "bertha" got a good response.

About TTB.... If there's a better slide guitarist in the world than Derek Trucks, I don't know who that would be. Amazing. And I love how every one if the 12 band members get their time to shine right down to the funky trombone at the end. I've seen this band 5 times now. All at different venues. The sound last night was great.
Makes it hard for the best of the rest to get on stage with him. Sometimes you see great blues guys jamming together but they get mesmerized trying to keep up. I think only Susan has him figured out. It's mostly get out of the way when he starts ripping.

Reaction Score

The band is an absolute treat. Susan could have stayed home last night and it still would have been great. Derek is truly elite and the other vocalists were awesome last night as well. Great band, great venue, and great Apizza nearby.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the whole set, and the new album sounded fantastic live. Still, “Bell Bottom Blues” and “Why Does Love To Be So Sad?” were particularly awesome to see early in the set.

It’s such a great venue, too. There isn’t a bad seat, and the sound is excellent.

My favorite Derek and the Dominos song.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom