Trust is a tricky thing. | The Boneyard

Trust is a tricky thing.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is antsy, and I get it.

We are still riding high on the heels of b2b title number 6, but at the same time, we are watching big names come off the board of the portal. There isn’t a lot of publicly available information on how the staff is addressing our 24/25 roster, other than conjecture, very light projections, and a whole lot of wishing and hoping.

Let’s take a breath.

Trust in this staff.

They have a process. They hold themselves to the rigorousness of that process in order to maximize the probability of success. As fans, we should love that.

Big names will continue to hit the portal. Big names will continue to leave the portal. Our biggest advantage, believe it or not, is not the voodoo that our staff works in the portal era. Rather it is what Coach talked about on Dan Dakich’s podcast.

Other programs run systems. They hope that the talent that they bring in can work within their system. At UConn, the staff adapts the system. We take in high character kids that want to be coached, and need to win, and we adapt the style of play to maximize the output.

So, please, take a breath.

I want McNeely, Koby, and Reed as badly as the rest of you. But let’s focus on what matters most - upholding the standards of the best damn program in all the land. Develop the tremendous talent we have in-house and make the right portal splashes that fit our identity. We’re not building an all-star team. We are building a 7th National Championship family.

Cue the music!

UConn husky, symbol of might….

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is antsy, and I get it.

We are still riding high on the heels of b2b title number 6, but at the same time, we are watching big names come off the board of the portal. There isn’t a lot of publicly available information on how the staff is addressing our 24/25 roster, other than conjecture, very light projections, and a whole lot of wishing and hoping.

Let’s take a breath.

Trust in this staff.

They have a process. They hold themselves to the rigorousness of that process in order to maximize the probability of success. As fans, we should love that.

Big names will continue to hit the portal. Big names will continue to leave the portal. Our biggest advantage, believe it or not, is not the voodoo that our staff works in the portal era. Rather it is what Coach talked about on Dan Dakich’s podcast.

Other programs run systems. They hope that the talent that they bring in can work within their system. At UConn, the staff adapts the system. We take in high character kids that want to be coached, and need to win, and we adapt the style of play to maximize the output.

So, please, take a breath.

I want McNeely, Koby, and Reed as badly as the rest of you. But let’s focus on what matters most - upholding the standards of the best damn program in all the land. Develop the tremendous talent we have in-house and make the right portal splashes that fit our identity. We’re not building an all-star team. We are building a 7th National Championship family.

Cue the music!

UConn husky, symbol of might….
I hope that was cathartic. We're with you buddy, in our own ways.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32
Top Bottom