2021 Recruiting: - Trevor Keels is hearing from a Who’s Who of high-major programs | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Trevor Keels is hearing from a Who’s Who of high-major programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's been mentioned prominently in the Initial Recruiting Targets thread but I figured I'd post this article in its own thread. Mostly because I thought the comment about UConn was pretty interesting.

UConn: “UConn has a need for some guards. They have a need for a guard. They believe when it’s time for Trevor to get there, a couple of their guys [James Bouknight and Jalen Gaffney] have an opportunity to go to the next level. They need a guy that can come in and be ready to play.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has commented about Gaffney's name being brought up as a potential early entrant for the NBA draft. I wonder if the coaches actually believe that or it's just recruiting talk.

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has commented about Gaffney's name being brought up as a potential early entrant for the NBA draft. I wonder if the coaches actually believe that or it's just recruiting talk.
If I'm reading the quote correctly, Zags mentioned Gaffney, not necessarily the coaches. They could have been talking about Jackson?

Reaction Score
If I'm reading the quote correctly, Zags mentioned Gaffney, not necessarily the coaches. They could have been talking about Jackson?
Hard to tell if Zags inserted that comment in parentheses on his own or if Keels' father had mentioned Bouknight and Gaffney in their conversation before that quote and Zags thought that was a good place to insert the names to be more specific.

husky99, what was the source of the mention of those 2 players? :)

Reaction Score
Why do we care about where the quote came from? We all saw Gaffney play for a season. We can draw our own conclusions. And the answer to whether he'll be ready for the NBA early seems quite apparent.

Reaction Score
Why do we care about where the quote came from? We all saw Gaffney play for a season. We can draw our own conclusions. And the answer to whether he'll be ready for the NBA early seems quite apparent.
You don't think it's much more interesting and important if the UConn coaches said that as opposed to some reporter? Could mean nothing (recruiting speak) but I thought it was interesting.

Reaction Score
You don't think it's much more interesting and important if the UConn coaches said that as opposed to some reporter? Could mean nothing but I thought it was interesting.

I don't care what coaches say. They say things all the time where the statement isn't uttered for its truth. If someone tells you the coaches did say that, would you believe they really thought it? I wouldn't. Thus, I wouldn't care if, for example, they were saying something to make a recruit think the team would be built around him when he shows up.

Reaction Score
Gaffney is an enigma. I saw good things with his skills, but when he plays with more confidence, we may get a better sense of how is he with his dribbling and also shooting. For now, he will take what you give him and he has the ability to make you pay if you slack off of him.

Reaction Score
That had to be an error because not even Jim Calhoun would've said that back in the day. He's not close in any respect of his game for the NBA, I believe the thought above he meant Jackson would be the correct assumption.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
That had to be an error because not even Jim Calhoun would've said that back in the day. He's not close in any respect of his game for the NBA, I believe the thought above he meant Jackson would be the correct assumption.
Probably not a good sign for our chances with him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom