Travis Jones to the Baltimore Ravens with the 12th pick of the 3rd round (#76 overall) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Travis Jones to the Baltimore Ravens with the 12th pick of the 3rd round (#76 overall)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And that's a wrap - Travis is the sole UConn pick.

Reaction Score
I was dreading him going to Cincy, Pitt or KC because I can't bring to myself to root for rivals, but I never thought he'd make it to my Ravens at 76. I'm so damn happy, he's going to kill it in Baltimore
Go, Ravens. An awesome draft, defense will be so much better and the Ravens bad season in 2021 was the result of massive injuries. We're gonna rock this year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Best of success to Travis. However I cannot root for the Ravens being there is a Harbaugh involved.

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
It’s great to see him get drafted in the 3rd Round. That’s totally solid. In fact, super going 76th. Frankly, he had 2 deficits - 1) part of consistently losing squad (some don’t like that) and 2) he would disappear in many games. He stepped it up against bigger competition and I’m hoping he keeps the foot on the petal.

Reaction Score
It’s great to see him get drafted in the 3rd Round. That’s totally solid. In fact, super going 76th. Frankly, he had 2 deficits - 1) part of consistently losing squad (some don’t like that) and 2) he would disappear in many games. He stepped it up against bigger competition and I’m hoping he keeps the foot on the petal.
We have to stop with the narrative he was dinged because he played for a terrible team (he did) or the fact UCONN not a big time school (it isn’t). Teams find players regardless of where the play. Travis was double and triple teamed constantly and still was a force. He then went to the senior bowl where he consistently dominated (the lineman he most dominated, BC guard Zion Johnson was the Chargers first round selection), then went to the combine where he killed it. My guess is some teams did not see a 3 down lineman and didn’t want to spend the draft capital on a player who only sees field on run downs. I see a versatile d tackle who can in fact push the pocket. The Ravens got a steal.

Reaction Score
We have to stop with the narrative he was dinged because he played for a terrible team (he did) or the fact UCONN not a big time school (it isn’t). Teams find players regardless of where the play. Travis was double and triple teamed constantly and still was a force. He then went to the senior bowl where he consistently dominated (the lineman he most dominated, BC guard Zion Johnson was the Chargers first round selection), then went to the combine where he killed it. My guess is some teams did not see a 3 down lineman and didn’t want to spend the draft capital on a player who only sees field on run downs. I see a versatile d tackle who can in fact push the pocket. The Ravens got a steal.

When I saw Travis at the Senior Bowl, it was a revelation. It was also an indictment of of the coaching at UConn. How could you have a weapon like Travis and be completely clueless how to use it?

Our defensive line never moved pre-span. Out LBs rarely came up and covered offensive lineman. Travis never moved to line up against the OTs. Any or all of these of those would have made it difficult for the offense to react to Travis. With his ability to defeat single blockers Travis could have wreaked havoc.

Instead we line him up in the same spot. Left him there for the entire snap count so the offense could identify him. And greatly reduced his effectiveness. Only his personal talent got him drafted. In a better system, he would have produced much more exciting video for NFL teams to review. Not to mention, made our Huskies more competitive.

I expect a long and successful career for the young man.

Reaction Score
First, anybody complaining about a DT from UConn going 76th in the draft needs his head check for brain damage. He was the 3rd DT selected. It’s an awesome accomplishment. I don’t think he was dinged per se. But, some do take account of winning as a factor in the final evaluation among otherwise equal players. As I look at the draft, which is highly position need driven, the only question is should he have gone above Mathis (Ala) who went in RD 2 and grades our lower. So, the question is why.. possibly winning program and better competition.

Reaction Score
When I saw Travis at the Senior Bowl, it was a revelation. It was also an indictment of of the coaching at UConn. How could you have a weapon like Travis and be completely clueless how to use it?

Our defensive line never moved pre-span. Out LBs rarely came up and covered offensive lineman. Travis never moved to line up against the OTs. Any or all of these of those would have made it difficult for the offense to react to Travis. With his ability to defeat single blockers Travis could have wreaked havoc.

Instead we line him up in the same spot. Left him there for the entire snap count so the offense could identify him. And greatly reduced his effectiveness. Only his personal talent got him drafted. In a better system, he would have produced much more exciting video for NFL teams to review. Not to mention, made our Huskies more competitive.

Ding ding ding ding

Reaction Score
First, anybody complaining about a DT from UConn going 76th in the draft needs his head check for brain damage. He was the 3rd DT selected. It’s an awesome accomplishment. I don’t think he was dinged per se. But, some do take account of winning as a factor in the final evaluation among otherwise equal players. As I look at the draft, which is highly position need driven, the only question is should he have gone above Mathis (Ala) who went in RD 2 and grades our lower. So, the question is why.. possibly winning program and better competition.

Ding ding ding

Reaction Score

I don’t disagree but that is also an indictment of our current defensive coordinator.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree but that is also an indictment of our current defensive coordinator.
I think about this from time to time. I hope we’re wrong.

Reaction Score

-> The projected value of Jones’ deal, according to salary cap website Spotrac, is $5.3 million, including a $1 million signing bonus. <-

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom