Travis Jones to the Baltimore Ravens with the 12th pick of the 3rd round (#76 overall) | The Boneyard

Travis Jones to the Baltimore Ravens with the 12th pick of the 3rd round (#76 overall)

Reaction Score
Did he just change his Twitter handle to 76? Or was it like that? Either an incredible coincidence or he already has a chip on his shoulder from dropping. Good for the big man

Reaction Score
Wow, 3rd round? I guess the Ravens will have a great player. From first to third round. I guess he'll have a big chip.

Reaction Score
This is a great fit for him. So happy for him.

And he was not a 1. A couple of overweight and balding guys still living in mom’s basement were wrong.

Reaction Score
Damn all that hype for him the past month and he went in the 3rd round? AFC North is not going to be happy seeing him with that chip he's gonna be playing with

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Happy for Travis and Baltimore is a great landing spot. I found it interesting when Kiper said that if Travis went to a high P5 school, he'd be drafted 1st or high 2nd round. I'm not a Kiper fan but what he's saying is true about non P5 players. Travis did everything to show what he has and his Senior Bowl week was phenomenal. Being from a program that gets little to no national media coverage, teams viewed him as a lesser talent. I don't think he was a first rounder but he is a steal in the third.

Reaction Score
Happy for Travis and Baltimore is a great landing spot. I found it interesting when Kiper said that if Travis went to a high P5 school, he'd be drafted 1st or high 2nd round. I'm not a Kiper fan but what he's saying is true about non P5 players. Travis did everything to show what he has and his Senior Bowl week was phenomenal. Being from a program that gets little to no national media coverage, teams viewed him as a lesser talent. I don't think he was a first rounder but he is a steal in the third.
Hopefully, that’s about to change. I think being on a truly horrible team hurt him more than being on an Indy team.

A good UConn football team gets talked about in the press. We were a media darling at one time because the story was good. Our comeback story will be even better.

Reaction Score
People are overthinking this. Jones was the 4th DT taken. In general, DTs, unless you are Aaron Donald, are not that highly valued in today’s NFL. Look at what types of players were drafted before Jones: 14 WRs, 11 Edge Rushers, 10 CBs, 8 OTs. I don’t think playing at UConn hurt him, but I do think UConn not playing football in 2020 did as he missed one of his prime seasons.

Reaction Score
Giants could have really solidified their D line in the 3rd round. Would have helped Williams and Thibodeaux. Who would you be able to double? No one. Ravens got a good one plus they added the center from Iowa earlier.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Getting drafted in the first four rounds is pretty good, and getting drafted in the top 80-100 in particular is really nice. So many programs thus far have had no draft picks; Texas!!!!! Miami!!!!, WV, Syracuse, etc.

Travis did everything he could to boost his draft stock and in my opinion really changed his body after the season in order to really maximize his potential. I am excited to see if Senior Bowl Travis quickly establishes himself as one of the premier DL anchors in the NFL.....unlike some kids, he's still got more upside ahead.

Reaction Score
His fall had more to do with being an interior lineman in an edge rush focused NFL. He landed in a great spot for his abilities and was picked high enough that he'll be given every opportunity to show what he can do.

Reaction Score
His fall had more to do with being an interior lineman in an edge rush focused NFL. He landed in a great spot for his abilities and was picked high enough that he'll be given every opportunity to show what he can do.
Also there were rumblings teams were turned off because they felt like he took plays off when watching tape and his combine numbers didn’t translate to his on field production

Hopefully he uses this drop as fuel

Reaction Score
Also there were rumblings teams were turned off because they felt like he took plays off when watching tape and his combine numbers didn’t translate to his on field production

Hopefully he uses this drop as fuel

He was getting doubled and tripled. The rest of the players were so bad that it didn’t make much of a difference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom