Travelers Championship announces field with a strong UConn flavor for celebrity pro-am | The Boneyard

Travelers Championship announces field with a strong UConn flavor for celebrity pro-am

Reaction Score
A number of familiar faces will be participating in the return of the Travelers Championship Celebrity Pro-Am, the tournament announced on Thursday.

Scheduled to participate in the annual fan favorite on Wednesday - which returns to the Tournament Players Club at River Highlands after a two-year absence - are UConn women’s basketball coaches Geno Auriemma and Chris Dailey, UConn football coach Jim Mora and hockey coach Mike Cavanaugh. Also joining the field are UConn field hockey coach Nancy Stevens and former Huskies quarterback Dan Orlovsky.

The UConn contingent will be joined by EPSN personalities Chris Berman and Michael Eaves, as well as former pro athletes Tim Wakefield, Doug Flutie and Andre Tippett. From the entertainment world, actors Bill Murray, Dane DeHaan and Christopher Jackson are also scheduled to appear.

Reaction Score

Mulligan for accessing story<<

-> UConn football coach Jim Mora did the bare minimum in preparing to play golf in Wednesday’s Travelers Championship Celebrity Pro-Am.

“Yesterday, in the defensive backs coaches office, I took a couple putts, and I went down to the driving range for about five minutes,” Mora said before teeing off at TPC River Highlands. “I haven’t had a lot of time. We’ve been heavy into recruiting and developing our own players. That’s kind of my focus right now.”

As it should be, of Will former UConn men’s basketball standout Tyrese Martin be picked in 2022 NBA Draft?

“He said if you’re a coach and you’re a good golfer,” Mora began …

“It means you’re a bad coach,” Orlovsky said, finishing the thought. “You’re not supposed to be a good golfer when you coach college sports.” <-

-> “I still stay pretty connected to him and the program and people within the program,” Orlovsky said of Mora. “I hear great things. You hear a lot of really good energy. We were chatting on the driving range about some of the transfers that have come in. I know some of the transfers just from calling games. ... I think he’s doing a really good job of infusing hope and excitement. Obviously it’s got to translate to on the field, which everyone is pulling for, but I know a lot of us are behind him for sure.” <-

Reaction Score
Mora has even won over the biggest Edsall apologist, Orlovsky. This dude is going to get a statue in front of Shenkman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom