Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 31 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That is true and with O-Line you need a consistent front 5 that get plenty of reps together from spring to fall to work on communication. From what I’ve heard is that tJake Guidone is a good center and is definitely an upgrade from our previous center and our O-Line is beginning to gel really good. We just need more depth just incase of injuries.
So I just have one question about Guidone. Did he play center at Dartmouth at all? Because I haven't been able to track down an answer to that question. In fact he won an award for his play at tight end one year. And other mentions that he was primarily a tackle after that. I know that center is a position requiring considerable intellect to successfully read the cues and process them in real time, so his Ivy experience and physical attributes would seem to make him an ideal candidate. But what position did he play in 2021? There is a highlight video out there with a comment from him that says he was a tight end and left guard last year. So he is learning a new position?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So I just have one question about Guidone. Did he play center at Dartmouth at all? Because I haven't been able to track down an answer to that question. In fact he won an award for his play at tight end one year. And other mentions that he was primarily a tackle after that. I know that center is a position requiring considerable intellect to successfully read the cues and process them in real time, so his Ivy experience and physical attributes would seem to make him an ideal candidate. But what position did he play in 2021? There is a highlight video out there with a comment from him that says he was a tight end and left guard last year. So he is learning a new position?
I believe he is new to Center.

With four years under his belt and having been with the program all spring taking all the Center snaps, I think we'll be okay. Word is he is already better than what we had last year at the position.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
2020 signing Reyan Blake enters the portal. We now have 3 unused scholarships for fall 2022. Seems like we are working for a DL, OL, DB or TE to round out the roster.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Dartmouth website is pretty general about what he played his freshman year, but I’ve heard secondhand he did some work at center that year. What does come through on the Dartmouth website is that he is versatile. I’m sure he will be fine there.

Reaction Score
This makes me really sad that we never got to see him play in a real system, with a competent OC. I believe Lashlee was the reason he came here and then he left. Then he was stuck with the OLine coach who magically became an OC for two years. We finally get a coach and OC who seem to have their stuff together and it's too late in his college career.

I always pulled for this kid and really thought he would be the next great QB here. I wish him the best wherever he goes. I love his message, especially when he says that "It's with a heavy heart" that he won't be a Husky. It really shows that he's moving on but really loved it here.
You hit the nail right on the head. I too thought he would’ve done great things here with decent coaching. He tried his best with what he was given (coaching wise). Even the short time Coach Charlton worked with him you good see his improvement during the spring game. Hopefully, he will land at another school. The kid deserves to play.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Portal moving to hyperactive in the days leading up to May 1st. After May 1st players will need a waiver from the NCAA (like old times) in order to play right away and not sit a year.

Reaction Score
me too.. I think he would've flashed a ton for us this upcoming season...
He literally was out next Travis. He was going to have a huge year for us. Now it's Kevon Jones's time to shine.

Reaction Score
He literally was out next Travis. He was going to have a huge year for us. Now it's Kevon Jones's time to shine.
Definitely not the caliber of player that Jones was (not many players in all of college football are) but losing him stings. Solid rotational player that will never be a pass rusher but could hold the point of attack v. the run. Of all the transfers that hurts the most. Wish he stayed, but can’t blame him furthering his education at a school like TCU.

Reaction Score
Definitely not the caliber of player that Jones was (not many players in all of college football are) but losing him stings. Solid rotational player that will never be a pass rusher but could hold the point of attack v. the run. Of all the transfers that hurts the most. Wish he stayed, but can’t blame him furthering his education at a school like TCU.
I meant as in our next breakout player on the Dline. Not be the same player Travis was.

Reaction Score
According to 24/7, LB Deondrick Speight is in the portal.
Interesting… no change to twitter profile yet.

008.png

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Modeste out - the drain of TX players continues

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
That pipeline into Texas hasn't really generated many quality recruits. Too many swings and misses.
Nyadu is the only one so far in recent times. A few reports that Yates stepped up this spring so we’ll see what that means this fall for him.

Reaction Score
That pipeline into Texas hasn't really generated many quality recruits. Too many swings and misses.
Totally agree… it’s probably why the new staff hasn’t seem to put an emphasis on recruiting the state. I can’t think of one kid that has been a real standout that we have recruited from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom