Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 22 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I always liked Jack. Thought he had some tools. Merrimack is a good landing spot. Aggressive new NEC program. If he had a qb coach I think he could have been ok.
When he was on, he could make some great throws. His problem was more decision-making than physical ability. I wish him well, he'll do fine there.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I took it as sarcasm, mocking those that do like to dump on players on the way out. Maybe some of you lost your sense of humor.
Merry Christmas Boneyard (or whatever holiday you celebrate).

Reaction Score
Wonder why he went there instead of western Michigan
Potentially, higher potential to start or minimally to get some playing time with Merrimack than with Western Michigan. North Andover, 1/2 hour from Boston, 1 hour closer to/from family and friends in Montreal than to/from Storrs, and 7ish hours closer than driving to/from Kalamazoo. Plus, Kazoo's no garden spot. Best guesses.

Reaction Score
North Andover, 1/2 hour from Boston,
He wanted to be in the Boston area. WMU actually offered him more than Merrimack and it had the Business School he was looking for but he opted to stay in New England.

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/30/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock
DB Jeremy Lucien
QB Jack Zergiotis>Merrimack College
OL Femi Sakiri
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston
OL Sidney Walker
DB Jalon Ferrell
DB Terrance GanyI
DL Pierce DeVaughn
RB Kevin Mensah
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau
It's going to be interesting to see how the portal people fare this year.
If I recall correctly, only a little over 50% found new FBS homes last year and a similar result this year may put a big damper on portal entry next year.
Why risk loss of your scholarship unless: you really hate where you are today; you believe the current coaching staff doesn't see in you what you believe you have to offer; you've been recruited over; a new coaching staff's schemes and systems don't fit your abilities; the staff lied to you when they went over the courses offered.........

Reaction Score
It's going to be interesting to see how the portal people fare this year.
If I recall correctly, only a little over 50% found new FBS homes last year and a similar result this year may put a big damper on portal entry next year.
Why risk loss of your scholarship unless: you really hate where you are today; you believe the current coaching staff doesn't see in you what you believe you have to offer; you've been recruited over; a new coaching staff's schemes and systems don't fit your abilities; the staff lied to you when they went over the courses offered.........
….Or the coach flat out told you to take a hike. Lots of kids in the portal due to that. The widely held assumption is that these kids are going in because they don’t have the chops to compete where they are or they’re entitled, etc. People need to broaden their scope and realize it’s a business- that scholarship is a commodity that needs a constant ROI.

Reaction Score
….Or the coach flat out told you to take a hike. Lots of kids in the portal due to that. The widely held assumption is that these kids are going in because they don’t have the chops to compete where they are or they’re entitled, etc. People need to broaden their scope and realize it’s a business- that scholarship is a commodity that needs a constant ROI.
I can tell you at least 9 of our guys transferring were told to look elsewhere. Mora wanted to free up those scholarships and so they were called into his office before the Xmas break and told to look elsewhere. Not all kids want to leave.. some have no choice.
Edsall sis the same thing.. like you said. It’s a business.

Reaction Score
I can tell you at least 9 of our guys transferring were told to look elsewhere. Mora wanted to free up those scholarships and so they were called into his office before the Xmas break and told to look elsewhere. Not all kids want to leave.. some have no choice.
Exactly. So some of the fans wrongly think the kid bailed on the team in hopes of greener pastures and then take pleasure in watching them drift in portal limbo. Because there are so many kids in the portal the options are slim so some kids are forced to play down a level just to find a home not necessarily because their skill set or lack of dictated it.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
How many of those graduated though? I get that it stinks to be told that you'd be best to look elsewhere, but they got to finish their academic careers at UConn. It seems that a lot of our portal kids are grad transfers with a year of eligibility left. So it blows for those 9 guys but I bet many of them had graduated.

Reaction Score
How many of those graduated though? I get that it stinks to be told that you'd be best to look elsewhere, but they got to finish their academic careers at UConn. It seems that a lot of our portal kids are grad transfers with a year of eligibility left. So it blows for those 9 guys but I bet many of them had graduated.
Not a lot had graduated that are in the portal. Most have at least a year left some more than that. I just looked through to see what most said when said they were transferring.. one grad transfer or two and rest have more than that left to play.

Reaction Score
Pretty amazing how his standing has fallen from 2019 to 2021...I wish him nothing but the best. He still has a ton of potential and I know will succeed wherever he goes.
Can run when there aren’t any holes

Reaction Score
UConn NCAA Transfer Portal Transfers to date:

2022 Transfer Portal Cycle (8/1/21> 7/31/22)

DB Shamel Lazarus>Stony Brook
LB Dillon Harris
TE Jayce Medlock>Alabama State
DB Jeremy Lucien
QB Jack Zergiotis>Merrimack College
OL Femi Sakiri
DL Justin Moore
WR Cam Hairston
OL Sidney Walker>Buffalo
DB Jalon Ferrell
DB Terrance GanyI
DL Pierce DeVaughn
RB Kevin Mensah
DB Diamond Harrell
WR Heron Maurisseau
LS Kevin Cahill
Really surprised to see Walker stay FBS.

Reaction Score
The Transfer Portal value of Offensive Lineman. Look at the number of offers for the ones we've been around and then watch the commitments. You have to be special to get that attention if you are a DB or WR etc. Offensive Line is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom