Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex) | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (Part Duex)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
We all hate cuse , but every team on that list didn’t lose their coach
I didn't say all those schools lost their coach...but he tops the list of coaches who kept their job and has the highest amount of transfers.

I actually don't hate Syracuse...and thought Babers was a good hire...but things seem to have gone south there.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
You’re not supposed to wish a kid who tried his best and failed us good luck. You’re supposed to trash him and the horse he rode in on (in this case Edsall) to make yourself feel superior!

Do we really need to remind everyone of the rules?
I'm not sure that it's a rule. It appears to be more of a recommended policy.

Reaction Score
Very interesting discussion on the portal on Sirius ESPNU today. They had a guest on who has an analytics company focused on the portal. They consult with colleges and provide public info as well. They have analyzed how much contribution portal kids can provide compared to high school recruits and many other insights.

He said November set a record month for the portal and December will surpass it. He said we are in phase 1 of the portal season with phase 2 occurring after Spring ball.

From memory, here are some portal insights:

Including FBS, FCS, D2, and D3 kids there are ~4,000 kids in the portal.

Last year, only 53% of FBS kids that went into the portal ended up finding a home. The percentage was much lower for other division kids. In 2022, he expects a slightly higher percentage of FBS kids will find a home, maybe 55% to 60% due to the increased scholarship numbers. In other words, if you enter the portal at an FBS school, it’s about a 50% chance to play football again.

About 3% of kids that enter the portal return to their teams.

They measure production from transfers. In FBS, transfers account for ~15% of rushing and receiving production. Passing yardage is ~30%, but it has usually been high as QBs have been most apt to transfer.

How do you compare portal kids vs. HS kids? Bottom line, it comes down to experience. Bringing in 3rd, 4th, and 5th year players that are developed and have tape that you can evaluate provides help, but there is really no difference between a 1st year transfer player and a redshirt freshman already on the roster. The real opportunities for finding upgrades are with experienced players buried on the depth chart.

Reaction Score
You’re not supposed to wish a kid who tried his best and failed us good luck. You’re supposed to trash him and the horse he rode in on (in this case Edsall) to make yourself feel superior!

Do we really need to remind everyone of the rules?
Jeez Biz. These last 10 years have seemingly worn you down. Happy Hanukkah and Holidays. Deep Cleansing. Breaths. Better days lie ahead

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
How about after 20 years on the board, I state this because I’d love for the board to be more readable with more actual discussion and less anger?

Tomatoe, tomato
Seriously, give it a rest. You're not the only old timer here, and the shtick is getting old too.

Go back to adding insight instead of snark. You did that much better anyways...

Reaction Score
here's the line

Too many on the dear old Boneyard get kicks dumping on Jack Z. or Gaffney. or Tim Boyle. or Taliek Brown. Yes, I am an old timer here too and I remember most all of the dumps. And how many have circled back to be hugely wrongheaded and dumb. They are young men. They wear our Blue and we are supposed to root for them. I recently read that it was ok to target them and throw bricks because by playing they brought on the right to be critical - like we do to professionals. I dunno. On Zergiotis - back to this - some think its ok to dump on the entire country of Canada. Stupid. As the numbers of Ontario/Quebec recruits rise nationally (and we still have a handful), we bring forth some xenophobic viral puke.

I get it. 10 years in the wilderness.

Reaction Score
How about after 20 years on the board, I state this because I’d love for the board to be more readable with more actual discussion and less anger?

Tomatoe, tomato
Guess I see more stupid (including some of the things I have posted) than anger. And where would the fun be if we stopped all the stupid?

Reaction Score
I always liked Jack. Thought he had some tools. Merrimack is a good landing spot. Aggressive new NEC program. If he had a qb coach I think he could have been ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom