Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Transfers - Outbound (8/1/22>7/31/23 cycle)

Reaction Score
I’m wondering if he’s a bit of a Pima Donna
They just got an ex-Colorado receiver also commit there, probably was going to be #3 at best and realized he will probably not get the ball a lot. If he stays at Uconn he would have been the de-facto starter.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing Marion probably got another school calling and decided that was a better opportunity. I'm still surpised he didn't end up at a P5 school.

Reaction Score
This is what may have happened. Marion visited ECU with another WR transfer recruit, Chase Sowell from Colorado. After their ECU visit, Marion verbally committed and Sowell had another official visit to BYU. A couple of days later, Sowell committed to ECU and there appears to be no more room at ECU for wide receivers.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This is what may have happened. Marion visited ECU with another WR transfer recruit, Chase Sowell from Colorado. After their ECU visit, Marion verbally committed and Sowell had another official visit to BYU. A couple of days later, Sowell committed to ECU and there appears to be no more room at ECU for wide receivers.

There was a tweet this morning from perhaps one of his HS coaches that said that it was Marion's decision to de-commit and not ECU pushing him out. Not sure of that post is still up.

And FWIW - BYU fans are suddenly recruiting him.

Reaction Score
Whats the paperwork process for the portal?. Assumed once someone commits they’re locked in. Does ECU have to give him a release or do coaches just wait to see who shows up for summer sessions before the roster is finalized? This is nuts
I doubt he signed anything. Tweeting “ I am committed” does not make you a commit, and you don’t need permission to get out of paperwork that you never signed. I don’t think transfers sign papers until they show up on campus for classes (although if that’s wrong someone please correct me.)

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Not in a bad way, but in a dead to me kinda way, when a kid decommits from UConn, commits to another school and then decommits from that school..........I'm glad they left UConn.
I agree but, putting on my "try to understand what motivates the young today" hat, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may have had stars in his eyes after being wined and dined in some of the finer restaurants in Greenville and later realized he hadn't thoughtfully evaluated all the available options.
Or, decided the idea of more than one wife was very appealing.

Reaction Score
I agree but, putting on my "try to understand what motivates the young today" hat, and giving him the benefit of the doubt, he may have had stars in his eyes after being wined and dined in some of the finer restaurants in Greenville and later realized he hadn't thoughtfully evaluated all the available options.
Or, decided the idea of more than one wife was very appealing.
There are at least 8 WRs on ECU's roster that were higher ranked recruits coming out of HS.

Reaction Score
There are at least 8 WRs on ECU's roster that were higher ranked recruits coming out of HS.
Ok, but there were at least 7 before the CU portal kid - 1 more caused a 180?

Reaction Score
That would be the view of a man who has never been married. One is more than enough.
You guys are way too serious.
I was just trying to have fun with my comment about being wined and dined in Greenville's finer restaurants because we went to several of our games there during the AAC era...

Reaction Score
These numbers fascinate me. I wonder if eventually players will be a little bit more reticent to enter the portal.
I don’t think so. If you are a good player that wants to play football, opportunities will be available. In the old days, some kids just dropped playing football and moved on with their life. Now, it seems kids that are giving up on football enter the portal anyway.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t think so. If you are a good player that wants to play football, opportunities will be available. In the old days, some kids just dropped playing football and moved on with their life. Now, it seems kids that are giving up on football enter the portal anyway.
Yeah, I think a little of the portal story is over hyped in that in the past so many kids came and went in total darkness such that most the world never noticed. Yes there is more churn, but also true - there was plenty of churn before and it went unnoticed.

And kids routinely left football in the past after giving it there go, that is hardly new. Many of the kids in the portal have no intention of playing D1 again and they are at peace with it at some capacity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom