Transfer portal part 2 | Page 40 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal part 2

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's a pretty big decision and potentially a 2 year one but it will be interesting to see how long it plays out. I was seeing teams announce their 22-23 roster and remembered Shaylee hadn't committed anywhere yet. Still think she's a pretty big domino.
Based on her recent Instagram follows/followers, Shaylee was on her official visit to Texas earlier in the week (like Monday/Tuesday); then, she headed straight to Raleigh for her official visit to NC State. Doesn't seem like she has visited Oregon State yet, but I could be wrong.

Curious if she's going to be a graduate transfer. Haven't seen anything out there that she graduated last month. Second summer session at Texas begins either later this week or early next week. So, not sure how much of a hurry she's in to make her decision; not much if she won't enroll at new school until late August.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Based on her recent Instagram follows/followers, Shaylee was on her official visit to Texas earlier in the week (like Monday/Tuesday); then, she headed straight to Raleigh for her official visit to NC State. Doesn't seem like she has visited Oregon State yet, but I could be wrong.

Curious if she's going to be a graduate transfer. Haven't seen anything out there that she graduated last month. Second summer session at Texas begins either later this week or early next week. So, not sure how much of a hurry she's in to make her decision; not much if she won't enroll at new school until late August.
Gonzales will surely be a big pickup for whoever lands her, though her choice of finalists is puzzling from a playing time/winning perspective. I don't see her starting at Texas and even at NC State she could come off the bench. Oregon State makes sense from a playing time perspective, but I don't see them being very good. I'm not sure if there was mutual interest from Stanford or not, but they have a clear need for her at PG and I thought she would have filled in great there.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Gonzales will surely be a big pickup for whoever lands her, though her choice of finalists is puzzling from a playing time/winning perspective. I don't see her starting at Texas and even at NC State she could come off the bench. Oregon State makes sense from a playing time perspective, but I don't see them being very good. I'm not sure if there was mutual interest from Stanford or not, but they have a clear need for her at PG and I thought she would have filled in great there.
I can't pretend to know what Shaylee is looking for in her new school and basketball program. More playing time? More NIL? More post-season success? More individual success? Development for a professional basketball future? All I know is that she chose her 3 finalists for a reason.

Reaction Score
This came out of nowhere. She's been in so many videos of Texas' summer workouts.

From what I've gleaned on the Texas board, she's a key piece of the offense for the upcoming season. Whoa.

Reaction Score
From what I've gleaned on the Texas board, she's a key piece of the offense for the upcoming season. Whoa.
I believe so and I know their coach is great but wasn't she pretty key defensively as well. Seems like this off season they've gotten a bit worse on that end atleast on the wing and perimeter

Reaction Score
I believe so and I know their coach is great but wasn't she pretty key defensively as well. Seems like this off season they've gotten a bit worse on that end atleast on the wing and perimeter
Maybe, but I'd defer to the Texas fans who participate on this board regarding their depth for the 2022-2023 season. With the transfers coming in and possibly pending, it's hard to say.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
This came out of nowhere. She's been in so many videos of Texas' summer workouts.

Dang that's a big blow. Matharu is a dynamite scorer who gets red hot. Absolutely torched Stanford and Tennessee early in the season.

Reaction Score
Matharu had a tendency to get into foul trouble rather quickly but there was no question she was a major catalyst and energizer bunny when it came to scoring. She was pretty crucial last year putting up points.

Would be a big blow for Texas unless they brought in Gonzales. I'm sure there will still be very good either way, it just adds more pressure to the returning/incoming players.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Vic is not messing around! Seems like he's been one step ahead of every outgoing transfer and had a plan to bring in a replacement via the transfer portal!

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Texas is going to be loaded next year. I will say, it is wild how different their roster looks compared to a year ago. 6 transfer and there isn't a single hold over from the Aston era, and even Vic's own players like Ebo, Lattimore, and Matharu have moved on. Guessing next year's starting lineup with be:
Harmon
Gonzales (transfer)
Morris (transfer)
Moore
Jones (transfer)

He's bringing in 3 really skilled offensive players that should help Texas put points on the board and create much better spacing than we saw last year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just curious. Is she a good defensive player? Seems a prereq for Vic teams. I know she is excellent on the other side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Anybody heard anything about Matharu. I have my suspicions… I think she may be headed to UNC, but that’s just my educated guess.

Reaction Score
Taylor Jones move from Oregon State to Texas is turning out to be a pretty good move for Taylor and Texas. This team will contend for the National Championship.

Reaction Score
Texas is going to be loaded next year. I will say, it is wild how different their roster looks compared to a year ago. 6 transfer and there isn't a single hold over from the Aston era, and even Vic's own players like Ebo, Lattimore, and Matharu have moved on. Guessing next year's starting lineup with be:
Harmon
Gonzales (transfer)
Morris (transfer)
Moore
Jones (transfer)

He's bringing in 3 really skilled offensive players that should help Texas put points on the board and create much better spacing than we saw last year.
I really like the pick up and am excited to watch the team.
Texas fans, any thoughts on the rest of the rotation. Do they have good depth?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Harmon
Gonzales (transfer)
Morris (transfer)
Moore
Jones (transfer)

Who is the pg in this lineup? I know Gonzales is a pg but I forget if Harmon played the point for Texas last season. Gonzales shot 22% from 3 last season so she'll need to improve on that.

It will be interesting to see how Morris does at Texas in Vic's offense which is nothing like she played at DePaul. Morris benefited from DePaul's up tempo, free-flowing offense that put up a lot of 3s. She struggled against better teams that slowed the pace and played tougher half-court defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom