Transfer portal getting nuts | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Transfer portal getting nuts

temery

What?
Reaction Score
You can't have a degree program though without a field, and there is no field in sports currently, and none will pop up overnight. You'll actually need some body of work, whether in books, exercise, training, something, anything, that would constitute a field. And the person offering these classes would have to have a degree in an adjacent field, or none of it happens at all. In other words, they can't give out degrees if there isn't a person with a degree to give them out. So, someone in an adjacent field would have to create an interdisciplinary program. I can only think of the literature of sports, or something to do with exercise science, the history of sports, sports and sociology, sports administration, these kind of things.

When it comes to imagining playing a sport, though, I'm stumped in trying to find an adjacent field. What would it be? Maybe something like Dance & Sport? But dance requires all sorts of study which just recreates the same problem I'm mentioning above.

That's Springfield College's niche.

Reaction Score
I don’t have a problem with college kids getting paid but there has to be a salary cap for each Division 1 program. Each school can elect to pay one guy it all and give the others nothing or divvy it up between the 13 man roster. If we want some sort of equality in the sport, the Uber rich schools shouldn’t hold all the cards. Even with a set salary cap compromise, many schools will not be able to compete for the best players, so there’s that.
Just make a rule that a program can take no more than 2 transfers per year...something like that

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom