OT: - tOSU Message Board Poster Sued | The Boneyard

OT: tOSU Message Board Poster Sued

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The best allegation is that this Barton dude used admin privileges to cheat at fantasy football.

Reaction Score
The best allegation is that this Barton dude used admin privileges to cheat at fantasy football.
That was my favorite one, because I have personal experience with that one. Except mine was a free league that the guy was cheating to win, not even to win money

Reaction Score
Yikes and wow, yikes. Makes one grateful for things staying on the rails, if UConn basketball was 5 x more popular and we didn't have sound founders & admin....

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Ive watched their videos before. So he did have a scoop but he paid an injured player to give him info. Wow.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
[shrugs] Most of that nonsense is pretty typical message board stuff. The theft, in its various forms, is problematic as it is hiring a team member to spy on the team. It seems like someone took some pretty vanilla theft issues and wrapped it in a “message boards are bad” wrapper.

Reaction Score
[shrugs] Most of that nonsense is pretty typical message board stuff. The theft, in its various forms, is problematic as it is hiring a team member to spy on the team. It seems like someone took some pretty vanilla theft issues and wrapped it in a “message boards are bad” wrapper.
The theft of $7,500 here and there isn't a big deal, but it's still newsworthy for a sports blog that posted the linked article. And it's certainly newsworthy re the payment of a player to give inside information. Is that typical of message board stuff? Serious question, I never thought "insiders" on message boards were paying for their info. But I guess it makes sense for those that want to be (or like like they are) "in the know."

The real reason I'm posting this is that I took the over on @Hey Adrien! 's spread so I need to up the posts. Maybe I'll even set-up a new dummy account and argue with myself.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The theft of $7,500 here and there isn't a big deal, but it's still newsworthy for a sports blog that posted the linked article. And it's certainly newsworthy re the payment of a player to give inside information. Is that typical of message board stuff? Serious question, I never thought "insiders" on message boards were paying for their info. But I guess it makes sense for those that want to be (or like like they are) "in the know."
Agree, but the theft is an indictment of the the thieves, not message boards generally. Paying a kid for inside info, is sleazy regardless.
The real reason I'm posting this is that I took the over on @Hey Adrien! 's spread so I need to up the posts. Maybe I'll even set-up a new dummy account and argue with myself.
What your existing ones aren't good enough? ;)

Reaction Score
Agree, but the theft is an indictment of the the thieves, not message boards generally. Paying a kid for inside info, is sleazy regardless.
I didn't read it as much as a knock against message boards as much as paid message boards having "superior" info. Like the BY vs Rivals

Reaction Score
I didn't read it as much as a knock against message boards as much as paid message boards having "superior" info. Like the BY vs Rivals
Agree, it didn't come off as a knock on message boards at all to me unless you infer that overzealous deranged fan behavior & trying to profit from it goes hand in hand with fandom on message boards. For 99.9% I'd say no.
Hiring a spy to watch practice and pay to get insider info is clearly neither vanilla nor ordinary and will invariably lead to serious very illegal abuse (likely gambling, fixing) that forever scarlet letters the unwittingly sucked in player pawns.

The article was about how extreme obsessive behavior begets bizarre, inexplicable actions which can lead to crime at first petty but if excused/empowered eventually turning malicious.

Wait, did I just say the article is about either football in general or the NCAA?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom