Toscano Family Ice Forum MHOC Opener > #11 UConn v. Northeastern Huskies (Saturday 1/14/23 @ 7:35p - Game streamed on ESPN+) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Toscano Family Ice Forum MHOC Opener > #11 UConn v. Northeastern Huskies (Saturday 1/14/23 @ 7:35p - Game streamed on ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
10 minute misconducts can be assessed without a minor, it's a rare call but it's possible. The only times I remember are for shooting after the whistle. The guy who got the 10 min misconduct at the end was not the dude who threw the punch though.

Still really, really bizarre that on that play the only penalty given for the on-ice scuffle after the goal was a random 10 minute misconduct. It probably doesn't end up changing the outcome of the game, but you can't miss that punch at the end there.

View attachment 83050

Annoyingly, rules quirks hit us in both hockey and basketball, on consecutive days, for similar reasons.

For hockey - the review could only cover a major, not a minor, and the ref decided, somehow, that the blatant punch, after the play, and despite the rule specifically emphasizing it, wasn't a major. Penalty to us (that rule really need to be abolished, btw), and it ended the game, effectively.

For basketball, the clear flagrant on St John's was easy, but I called it the second they went to review - they were going to double it up, because you can't create a common foul from replay. Clingan probably deserved a personal there, but not a flagrant, and St John's call was easy.

I am really starting to lose enjoyment with sports due to officiating. Bogus roughing the passer calls in football, goalie interference in hockey, basketball pretty much everything. It's getting to be too much.

Reaction Score
Terness played well until the third period and then fell apart. These two losses to Northeastern you see how valuable Levi is to that team. When he leaves NU is gonna take a big hit.

We shot our selves in the foot with two bad penalties and a horrible turnover in about a 5 minute span. NU was not winning that game without our help.

Number 3 on Northeastern (Strudle?) is a goon. A lot if the chippiness in the game started as we scored our second goal as he was relentlessly hammering Bradley with cross checks to the back. That’s when Bradley responded after the goal and they both got penalties. That’s the same guy Tattle got the penalty on after strudle threw him to the ground in the corner and added a little shove after.
Nick Capone needs to level that guy big time next time we play them.
Lastly if it’s only a two minute for punching a guy in the head I’m suprised we don’t see a lot more of it. I wonder if the players are aware a punch is only 2 minutes.

Also the fact that they asked for a goalie interference after they punch us in the head was icing on the cake. It’s almost like they are taunting us with all these goals overturned against Levi.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Terness played well until the third period and then fell apart. These two losses to Northeastern you see how valuable Levi is to that team. When he leaves NU is gonna take a big hit.

We shot our selves in the foot with two bad penalties and a horrible turnover in about a 5 minute span. NU was not winning that game without our help.

Number 3 on Northeastern (Strudle?) is a goon. A lot if the chippiness in the game started as we scored our second goal as he was relentlessly hammering Bradley with cross checks to the back. That’s when Bradley responded after the goal and they both got penalties. That’s the same guy Tattle got the penalty on after strudle threw him to the ground in the corner and added a little shove after.
Nick Capone needs to level that guy big time next time we play them.
Lastly if it’s only a two minute for punching a guy in the head I’m suprised we don’t see a lot more of it. I wonder if the players are aware a punch is only 2 minutes.

Also the fact that they asked for a goalie interference after they punch us in the head was icing on the cake. It’s almost like they are taunting us with all these goals overturned against Levi.

Some terrific observations here. Ultimately UConn beat themselves and the talent on NU, especially McDonough will be opportunistic enough to capitalize, and they did.

Terness was ok. Most of the goals not his fault but he didn’t make that big save when called upon to rise to the occasion either.

And yeah that goalie interference challenge was probably a taunt, but really had nothing to lose other than a timeout so why not. It’s worked for them before.

Reaction Score
Struble and a few others were chirping Bradley all game. Struble was definitely giving Bradley a tough go of it.

I was thinking a little of it had something to do with Bradley originally being committed to Northeastern and then changing his commitment.

Reaction Score
Struble and a few others were chirping Bradley all game. Struble was definitely giving Bradley a tough go of it.

I was thinking a little of it had something to do with Bradley originally being committed to Northeastern and then changing his commitment.
Who knows what kind of grudges are still held. That's water under the bridge well into Bradley's second season with UConn.

It's frustrating to see UConn skate so well only to squander a win with undisciplined and sloppy play. This is the type of a game they would have found a way to win back in November...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom