Toscano Family Ice Forum Impressions | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Toscano Family Ice Forum Impressions

Reaction Score
Wanna know the sad truth? They direct you to the south parking garage next to the football complex. That’s where they expect you to park for games at toscano. On the bright side though, you’ll get your steps in for the day
But they have a whole bunch of spaces wide open in the West lot. And on the map there are a whole bunch of spaces shown on the South side that are not there. This is the second year for the TFIF is it not? Are they still planning to expand the onsite parking or is this simply not a priority?

Reaction Score
I’ve come to a conclusion on the size that it’s about right. The student deck is dumb and ought to just be filled with bleachers in the shout term. But if the team can’t win there, I’m not sure you can complain about fans not showing up. What they need to figure out is how to get unused tickets back on the market. That’s the problem with selling out to season ticket holders. But you also need to win games. They are something like 2-11 there. They can’t score. Baffling.

Reaction Score
So, @freescooter , i owe you a small apology.

While sitting through that debacle last night, and listening to the band - i thought of your earlier post. I think i heard what you're referencing, and i loosely agree with it, but i have a different remedy.

They need to move the drums to the top of the band, i.e. above the glass. For the majority of the rink, you can barely hear the drums at all, and it makes the band sound "soft," meaning there isn't a hard beat to drive on. I think it would fix the issue you referenced earlier.

Yet another reason my riser on the deck idea would work, too.
All the top hockey bands start from the top of the bowl stretching perhaps half way down the bowl with the sousaphones on the top row and the drums on the concourse if possible. I have seen a lot of hockey bands.

Reaction Score
All the top hockey bands start from the top of the bowl stretching perhaps half way down the bowl with the sousaphones on the top row and the drums on the concourse if possible. I have seen a lot of hockey bands.
They take up the entire abbreviated section directly behind the opposing goalie. While the band has spirit, sorry to say that it was bad planning to have them in that key position of the arena. That’s a spot that needs to be held by raucous student fans, of the type that existed at XL in the first 3-4 seasons of UConn’s foray into HE.

Reaction Score
Season ticket holders got an email to park in South Garage for $15. We parked in the lot of the dorms across the street. After the womens game we moved to the west lot where we have the pass. I don’t know who makes these decisions. Other than that I had a great time at the womens game. Hope to be there Wednesday for the semifinal.

Reaction Score
They take up the entire abbreviated section directly behind the opposing goalie. While the band has spirit, sorry to say that it was bad planning to have them in that key position of the arena. That’s a spot that needs to be held by raucous student fans, of the type that existed at XL in the first 3-4 seasons of UConn’s foray into HE.
They weren't there yesterday afternoon so I did not know that. They need to be in a corner and up high. Just like at XL. And amplified.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom