OT: - Top Gun Movie | The Boneyard

OT: Top Gun Movie

Reaction Score
Anyone else go see the new Top Gun tonight? It was the first time I had been to the movies in over 5 years, what an incredible experience. That seriously may have been the best made film of all time. I walked out of the theater speechless. If anyone is on the fence, go see it.

Fighter pilots have the coolest job in the world. I would pay ungodly amounts of money for a proper ride along in one of those jets.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Anyone else go see the new Top Gun tonight? It was the first time I had been to the movies in over 5 years, what an incredible experience. That seriously may have been the best made film of all time. I walked out of the theater speechless. If anyone is on the fence, go see it.

Fighter pilots have the coolest job in the world. I would pay ungodly amounts of money for a proper ride along in one of those jets.
When you walked out, did you feel the need, the need for speed?

Reaction Score
Better than feeling the need to play shirtless volleyball, I guess.
The original was the best volleyball movie ever made, I hope this one can live up to that.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The original was the best volleyball movie ever made, I hope this one can live up to that.
It’s a sequel, not a remake. This year they’ve expanded to shirtless beach football.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How can you not like Tom Cruise movies? They’re so much better than most of the CGI crap that comes out now. You’re missing out if you don’t see this in theaters
I was going to say that there’s plenty of CGI stuff in Tom Cruise movies, which there is, but he does an awful lot of sound stunts, which is impressive for a guy his age.

I agree with you. For the most part, you know what you’re going to get with a Tom Cruise movie and it always delivers it.

Reaction Score

I’m out of town but def planning on seeing it next weekend. Thanks for the review, I’m pretty stoked.

Although I must say, Gladiator still is tops for me as best ever!

Reaction Score
I’m out of town but def planning on seeing it next weekend. Thanks for the review, I’m pretty stoked.

Although I must say, Gladiator still is tops for me as best ever!
Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan were my 2 favorite non-comedy movies (Superbad is my all time favorite movie), but Top Gun changed that. It was seriously just so damn cool. 2 hours of adrenaline fueled flying it was awesome

Reaction Score
Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan were my 2 favorite non-comedy movies (Superbad is my all time favorite movie), but Top Gun changed that. It was seriously just so damn cool. 2 hours of adrenaline fueled flying it was awesome
For comedies… The Hangover and Hall Pass had me laughing so much, I was crying!

Reaction Score
Any running scenes by Cruise? There usually are. I'm not a huge Cruise fan nor have I been to the movies in quite a while. But I do plan on seeing this movie since I go to Air Shows when ever I can to see the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds or other elite jet pilots.

Reaction Score

Yup. Loved it, best seen in IMAX. opening minutes gave me a little chill.

Reaction Score
How can you not like Tom Cruise movies? They’re so much better than most of the CGI crap that comes out now. You’re missing out if you don’t see this in theaters

Other than Dune, this is one of the first legit movies in a long time.

if the big screen has a future they need more efforts like this. TV and streaming can’t deliver a spectacle like this.

The writing was on point too, just enough comedy relief. A few twists and turns.

Reaction Score
Any running scenes by Cruise? There usually are. I'm not a huge Cruise fan nor have I been to the movies in quite a while. But I do plan on seeing this movie since I go to Air Shows when ever I can to see the Blue Angels, Thunderbirds or other elite jet pilots.
Saw Blue Angels at Miramar with the added attraction of -14 recreating it’s Paris Air Show routine in later 70s. Spectacular!

Reaction Score

Until the reviews started coming out 3-4 weeks ago I had low expectations for the story but expected incredible aviation scenes.

Yes lol. There are multiple rubbing sequences and I think they know people joke about Tom Cruise running because at the end of one something pretty funny happens.

It’s impossible to articulate how good the third act of this movie of this movie is. If you are the type that has to use the bathroom mid movie you will will want to take care of that.

Reaction Score
Saw Blue Angels at Miramar with the added attraction of -14 recreating it’s Paris Air Show routine in later 70s. Spectacular!

The Blue Angels or the Thunderbirds come to town every year. I like The Blue Angels better. I usually watch the Saturday show from my deck and then go on Sunday.

I want to see an F-22 demo at some point. I’ve seen them at Langley but they weren’t doing any tricks.

Reaction Score
Until the reviews started coming out 3-4 weeks ago I had low expectations for the story but expected incredible aviation scenes.

Yes lol. There are multiple rubbing sequences and I think they know people joke about Tom Cruise running because at the end of one something pretty funny happens.

It’s impossible to articulate how good the third act of this movie of this movie is. If you are the type that has to use the bathroom mid movie you will will want to take care of that.
You're right on the third act. The final 45 minutes of the movie are going to end up going down in history as the best 3rd act in movie history. It's seriously that good.

Reaction Score

You would probably be puking !

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom