Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Night Against Princeton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Top 3 Things You Want To See Thursday Night Against Princeton

Reaction Score
1. Shoot 40% from beyond the arc
2. Outrebound the Tigers by 15+
3. 4 Husky players in double figures

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
1- Amari Rip down rebounds with authority
2- Amari Slash to the rim with power
3- Amari make perfect passes to cutters from the high post

In short, I want to see Amari become the difference maker in the middle.

Reaction Score
1. No more injuries
2. A win, I don't care how, the streak continues
3. Caroline and Dorka start to get back in form, we really need them.

Reaction Score
1. No injuries to any more UConn player and none to the opposing team.
2. UConn players come together to rise to the occassion and play like a Team no matter the results on the score board.
3. Opportunities for some of the other players to really get serious and dig down and contribute, especially Amari and the player from Portugal whose name that I forget.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
1. Lou will now be face-guarded even more than before Azzi's injury. Let's get her open for some nice pull-ups and 3-pointers!
2. Start running plays for all our shooters just in case Lou goes down next.
3. On defense, protect the lane at all costs.

Reaction Score
1) No injuries
2) Score more points than Princeton
3) Nika, if they face guard Lou and no one can get open in the lane, take it to the rim yourself.
It’s ok if you don’t get 10 assists
I seem to recall you getting 27 your freshman year against, I believe, Xavier.
Don’t force the issue, but if they give you good shots, take’em

Reaction Score
After the loss at Notre Dame, these are my top 3 things against Princeton at home:

1) I want to see Azzi face guarded so she will continue to figure out what she has to do to counter it. I want to see her go to and get the ball and create plays for herself and her team off the dribble.

2) Caroline and Aubrey to have strong bounce back games on both ends of the floor.

3) Ayanna and Amari to continue to play well and improve and embrace their importance to the team.

I was not shocked or surprised at the result on Sunday considering where and who we were playing and the short time interval with travel in between games. A bump in the road. It's a long season and we will grow and develop significantly along the way.
I agree with the trend of your words. But I, last I heard was OUT for 6 weeks or so.
item 2, they must play ND again to "bounce back". Another team won't defend, or bump and grind, as ND did.
Ayanna, is a talent and shall continue to improve with time.
ND is tough to play and Ivey just proved she is a top DIV one coach, and not a clone of Muffet.
AZZI must be prepared for any defense sent to stop her.

Reaction Score
1. Lou will now be face-guarded even more than before Azzi's injury. Let's get her open for some nice pull-ups and 3-pointers!
2. Start running plays for all our shooters just in case Lou goes down next.
3. On defense, protect the lane at all costs.
3.......Where is Kiah when we need her??
You are right, with Azzi not ready, Edwards and Lou, Caroline, Nika shall attract more attention.

sun

Reaction Score
1. Ines getting more PT at PG.
2. Amari getting more PT at C.
3. Carol getting more PT at G.

Reaction Score
1. No injuries (like everyone {almost} has said
2. A good win
3. UConn doesn't have to test the 4 on 5 (due to foul problems) practice sessions alumni have told us Geno likes to run

Reaction Score
My assumption is we will see a packed in zone or box-and-one (on Lou). Given that...

1. Aubrey and Nika to shoot well
2. Dorka to play 10-20 minutes
3. Caroline to look like last year's Caroline

Reaction Score
Did you not notice that @BballFan posted his a half hour prior to the announcement of Azzi being out for 3-6 weeks.
Thank you. I was using the latest info at the time I posted which was Geno saying that she thought she would be okay.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Given that my girl Azzi is injured ...

1. Lou and Caroline get lots of good looks and combine for 30+.

2. Dorka is back, and the front line dominates.

3. Both Amari and Ines get lots of minutes and impress.

Reaction Score
Given that my girl Azzi is injured ...

1. Lou and Caroline get lots of good looks and combine for 30+.

2. Dorka is back, and the front line dominates.

3. Both Amari and Ines get lots of minutes and impress.
I also think that Aubrey is going to have a big game tonight. Her performance and that of CD, did not sit well with them I am sure. I look for a combined 30 + from Aubrey and Caroline.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
1. Nika, Lou, & Caroline playing closer to 30 mins than 40... Ines making that possible.
2. Amari playing offense with her back to the basket... She's got a real opportunity to play her way into the rotation -- really hoping she takes advantage of it.
3. Dorka easing her way back; no need to push it. Ayanna needs to be a little smarter about fouling now.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see at least 4 players still able to play, moving forward. Five would be really good.
They exceeded my "really good" hopes only if you count Caroline, whom I would characterize as "walking wounded" at this point.

I expect Caroline, Lou and Dorka to be available and playing at Maryland. In an ideal world all three would be recuperating. If Nika is judged NOT to have suffered a concussion she will play. Wonderful.

If it were me (and nobody would pay me millions to coach the team), I'd treat Maryland as an exhibition game/scrimmage, with the week off to follow. With a core of Amari, Edwards, Ines, Patterson, Aubrey. Play Lou, Nika (assuming technically no concussion), Dorka and Caroline very sparingly as befitting a scrimmage. This game means nothing compared with the benefit of recuperating/resting/limiting these players for what is ahead.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom